You are here
- Senior Buyer
- North West England
About Our Client
Our client is based in the North West England and is commutable from most major North West locations is expanding across formats and its product range. Building on an very successful, fast paced and innovative trading environment this is a fantastic time to join this progressive trading team.
As a Senior Buyer you want to seek every opportunity to develop value-added, to increase margins and profits by establishing strong associations with suppliers and to maximise sales with new product development and maximise opportunities within established products and brands.
- Implement the category strategy, business plans and operating criteria for the product category
- Managing supplier negotiations to deliver great products and promotions that are competitively priced for customers and meet margin and sales targets
- Monitoring and evaluation of performance against budget / forecast, including sales value, volume and profits
- Effective negotiation with suppliers to maximise margin and meet other income targets with a strong promotional package
- Ensure sales forecasting, range plans, profit targets, new product development plans and space plans are implemented and reviewed
- Source new products by keeping abreast of retail trends, competitor activities and consumer requirements.
The Successful Applicant
As a Senior Buyer you will have;
- Buying experience in ideally Supermarket, Convenience or Wholesaler environments.
- Must have a passion for Food
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Comfortable in a Fast paced environment
- Innovation and NPD
- Able to bring customer and market insight into buying.
- Good business planning with suppliers.
- Problem solving/analytical skills.
What's on Offer
£45,000- £55,000 and additional benefits.