You are here
£35,000 - £40,000
About Our Client
My client specialises in the design and manufacture of safety critical engineered products and services for the Nuclear and Defence industries.
- Coordinate purchasing requirements, specifications, and work statements with project personnel to ensure precise understanding of need
- Conduct market research to ascertain market support capability and price trends
- Engage reliable contractors/suppliers, evaluate proposals, negotiate favourable terms and conditions, and award contracts/purchase orders
- Manage spend and strategy whilst being able to deliver commercial targets
- Ensure suppliers are ethically and environmentally coherent with company protocol
- Support strategic purchasing plans, ensuring supplier expectations are clearly defined and suppliers are committed to achieving goals and objectives in the areas of Quality, Cost Competitiveness (total delivered cost) and Delivery
- Develop strategies that strengthen the quality of supplier relationships by identifying opportunities to continuously improve the effectiveness of communications and supplier relationship management activities.
- Promote and encourage cross functional participation from Quality, SCM, Purchasing, R&D, and Manufacturing in order to maximise total cost reduction & technical optimisation.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with customers within the organisation and contractors/suppliers providing product and services to the organisation
- Work with wider Procurement Team to develop and execute Continuous Improvement Activities (CSIP)
The Successful Applicant
- IT/Computer Literate
- Conversant with any International Standards that are relevant & Procurement Operating Procedures
- Conversant with any Statutory Terms & Conditions of Contract
- MCIPS Essential
- Nuclear and Defence background
What's on Offer
£35,000 - £40,000