You are here
Exciting Buying role for a fast growing business.
Based in the East end of London
About Our Client
With an office in East London, our client is an international business in the manufacturing arena. They produce industrial process technologies and solutions, also contribute significantly to ensure welfare and safety for much of the world's population.
Their office in East London is recently built and state of the art, making it a truly great place to work.
The Senior Buyer, based in East London, will have a wide remit of responsibility in their role. This will include;
- Work with the Supply Chain Manager to develop and implement the purchasing strategy across a wide spectrum including electronic assemblies, components, metal fabrication and all indirect services.
- Align and integrate purchasing objectives with the rest of the organisation
- Critically assess and improve the vendor base and associated procurement processes
- Support the implementation of Lean Manufacturing principles and techniques throughout the purchasing function.
- Proactively support the NPI process from product design through to implementation.
- Lead and manage the purchasing team, their priorities and objectives in line with the business strategy and plan
The Successful Applicant
The successful Senior Buyer for this manufacturing leader, will need to have the following attributes;
- Purchasing experience within an engineering / manufacturing environment.
- Strong track record in strategic sourcing (including contract management) and international procurement - particularly China / Far East and in developing strategic partnerships.
- Full appreciation and understanding of the end to end supply chain to ensure suppliers meet requirements
- An exponent of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement.
- Commercially aware with business acumen and able to achieve cost benefits.
- Management experience
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and package.