You are here
Senior Commercial Finance Analyst
Senior Finance Analyst position based in Central London - CIMA / ACCA
Business partner to the commercial teams in a fast growing brand
About Our Client
My client is an Award Winning premium skincare brand based in Central London. An honestly British brand, my client believes in an individual approach to the client's personal skincare needs. As the company continues to grow and evolve they are looking for individuals who share the same passion, drive and commitment that has made the brand what it is today.
The commercial team is growing and becoming pivotal in supporting the performance and profitable growth of the business through the provision of reporting, analysis and insight
This role will be working directly with the Head of Commercial Reporting and Business Insight and will be responsible for business partnering with the commercial teams across sales and marketing.
- Develop performance information and metrics to identify issues, trends, opportunities and risks making recommendations to ensure budgets are realised and we capitalise all growth areas, sharing insight with senior management team.
- Analysis of the return on investment generated through promotional activities, PR spend, new client acquisition or capital investment and review versus budgets.
- Develop relationships with sales and marketing directors and their teams to improve understanding of business performance.
- Provide support on tactical, operational and strategic business cases.
- Improve weekly, monthly and quarterly divisional sales and margin analysis to support the various sales and commercial channels, understanding the complexities and differing requirements of each channel.
- Deliver detailed margin analysis with commentary on a monthly basis calculating divisional, customer and product mix. Working with colleagues to understand the impact of pricing, COGS and marketing calendar activity.
- Provide support to Head of Commercial in quarterly forecasting of profitability, liaising with sales and technical accounting teams. Working with management to deliver the annual budget for each of the divisions, highlighting key assumptions and challenges.
- Continually assess reporting requirements, monitor feedback and agree updates to reports in order to improve quality, timely delivery and accurate reporting.
- To work as a team with other individuals and colleagues in the Company, sharing knowledge when appropriate, helping colleagues and promoting a spirit of mutual respect and support.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and positive approach about their career. They will have the following skills and attributes:
- CIMA / ACCA /ACA qualification
- Degree or equivalent
- Conscientious in nature with a methodical and meticulous approach to tasks
- Strong understanding of revenue recognition principles
- Strong Excel skills and used to manipulating large amounts of data
- Ability to maintain positive relationships and effective communication
- Knowledge of the Company philosophy*
- High personal standards and values
- Proactive and assertive attitude
- Smart and professional appearance
- Friendly and gracious attitude towards management, staff and customers
What's on Offer
- £50,000 - £55,000
- Based in Central London
- Ongoing learning, development and progression opportunities