You are here
Senior Demand Planner
- Senior Demand Controller - Cheltenham
- Michael Page Procurment & Supply Chain
About Our Client
Our Client is a Global Brand offering a Progressive Career at all levels in Supply Chain Management
The Senior Demand Planner will lead a team of 2 planners and is responsible for the short term operational execution of the demand plan by cost effectively optimising supply and demand to achieve customer service. This entails ensuring continual review of the short term demand plan vs open order book and prioritising open orders when supply does not meet demand.
- Ensures that product demand plans are entered into SAP and are tactically maintained so as to continually achieve customer service targets and stock profiles via an efficiently managed supply chain capability.
- Works closely with the Demand Planner to prepare the short term horizon of the proposed demand plan and ensures a clear understanding of why the plan has changed in the short term (i.e. within the 3 month term).
- Briefs the Demand Planner, and where necessary Sales Management on issues that have impacted, or may impact, shorter term supply capability. This may include abnormally high demands or shortfalls of demand compared with the current plan, agreeing with the Demand Planner what action should be taken with regard to unconsumed demand plan.
- Assists and liaises with the Supply Chain functions to develop cost effective and balanced supply plans leading to optimised stock profiles and the achievement of agreed stock turn targets within space consumption allowances.
- Monitors actual customer demand vs. that within the demand plan in the short term and determines what actions may be required to continually rebalance demand with supply by speeding up or slowing product provision, particularly when abnormal unanticipated demand occurs. This may include the need to allocate restricted product availability which would be done in conjunction with Sales Management.
The Successful Applicant
- Good mathematical skills and the ability to assimilate information from data is key to this role.
- Strong SAP skills
- Ability to question data and arguments presented
- Understanding of supply chain management processes and principles.
- Previous background in people and team management.
- Good team working and communications skills are significantly important to this role.
- Customer focused and able to communicate effectively on a face to face basis with clients.
- The ability to understand the markets and routes to market and the company's product range. The job holder must have a good understanding of the premium retail sector in particular.
What's on Offer
£35000 -£40000 + Benefits