You are here
Senior Director of International Sales
- Senior leadership role with global API manufacturer
- Responsibility for Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific & Japan
About Our Client
My client is a multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical organisation manufacturing and supplying medicines to address existing and future patient needs using over a century of experience and expertise.
They manufacturer the complexity in manufacturing high-quality products that provide value for patients through a growing portfolio of speciality pharmaceuticals to help treat a wide variety of health conditions, from pain to central nervous system disorders to autoimmune and rare diseases.
The organisations proudly stand by their values of quality, integrity and service. It has worked hard to provide an engaging, collaborative, high performing, competitive and trustworthy culture.
The Senior Director of International Sales will direct the API sales activities for the region, setting objectives, policies and guidelines of operation.
They will devise and implement strategies/tactics for business growth for the region within the overall framework of Global Corporate objectives by collation, analysis and interpretation of appropriate market and business information.
Develops coaches and motivates all employees to achieve their full potential, encouraging and promoting teamwork in pursuit of objectives.
Manages the appointment of agents and distributors appropriate to the achievements of overall business targets for the region of responsibility
The Successful Applicant
As the Senior Director of International Sales you will work closely with the VP, Global Sales to develop and implement strategy/tactics for the API and International Generics business. You will also match the following profile requirements;
- Full understanding of the pharmaceutical Drug Development Process.
- Requires a thorough understanding of all the commercial operations involved in business management
- Understand the requirements of the Good Distribution Practices (GDP) for active substances.
- Significant Experience for both Sales and Marketing at a managerial level in the CMO, CRO, and/or API Industry is essential. additionally, experience working internationally is particularly important to the position.
- Must possess leadership qualities and be an excellent communicator.
- An education to degree level in a scientific/business discipline together with a post graduate qualification in business such as an M.B.A. would be highly desirable.
- Must be capable of the development and implementation of business strategies for the region of responsibility within the framework of Global Corporate objectives
- Approximately50% travel
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES:
- Drive for Results
- Strategic Agility
- High Decision Quality
- Customer Focuses
- Building Effective Teams
- Commercial Acumen (Forecasting, Pricing, Negotiation, Writing Reports, etc.)
What's on Offer
Basic salary of £100,000 - £120,000 plus car allowance, bonus, pension and healthcare. The role can be based in the UK or possible Northern Europe.