You are here
Senior Email Marketing Manager
- Are you a great people manager?
- Do you have a Marketing, Email or Project Campaign management background?
About Our Client
Our client are a leading multi-channel, high service distributor supporting millions of engineers and purchasing professionals globally.
The role will be expected to work in partnership with key global stakeholders including Regional Heads of Marketing as well as local and global campaign managers to maximise return on investment.
- Manage email marketing campaigns in line with global branding. Develops end-to-end email marketing solutions from design to delivery including managing a team to cover planning, set-up, testing, content, execution, reporting and optimisation.
- Integration with commercial, life cycle and regional marketing to plan and execute the email marketing plan to achieve delivery of sales targets across the email channel and associated campaigns. Promote best practice for email internally including education on when email is the most effective channel.
- Develop and promote dynamically populated and trigger based email campaigns and templates to maximise engagement and drive process efficiency's where possible.
- Cost budget management for the email marketing channel.
- Management of relationships with agency partners and service providers including contract negotiations.
- Ensure a full documented process with effective contingency plans is in place. Champion continuous advancement of our email features including targeting and personalisation and stay current with best practices, strategies and industry standards related to email. Ensure all communications and data collection are compliant with the Data Protection Act.
- Integration with marketing and web analytics to propose, track and optimise email ROI to enable intelligent data and customer driven decision making / activity prioritisation and continuous improvement. Provide email reporting dashboards and custom reports analysing campaign performance in order to provide actionable recommendations and deliver continuous improvements to our email programme.
- Collaboration with marketing operations in alignment of activity, workflow and processes and that the agreed email marketing plans and off plan email requests are developed, delivered, deployed and tracked effectively. In conjunction with marketing operations, management of business process change to optimise ways of working. Monitoring performance within creative services and taking corrective action and planning continuous improvement.
The Successful Applicant
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experienced end to end leader in email marketing
- Broad depth of B2B marketing
- Proven ability to lead a team to deliver results in a complex multi-channel marketing environment
- Strategy creation and execution
- Analytical and report minded to drive improved ROI
- Knowledge of best practices for email creative and templates
- Ability to learn technical systems and in-house tools quickly
- Strong project management skills; experience coordinating cross-functional teams, delivering results and meeting tight deadlines
- Proven experience in using third party email packages (including email delivery systems such as Exact Target)
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Customer focused
- Conflict resolution skills
- Distribution experience
- Global working
- Knowledge of Photoshop preferred
- Knowledge of web technologies such as XHTML, HTML, CSS and any experience of PHP preferred
- Copywriting experience, preferably in an online marketing / website environment
- Creation of dynamically populated HTML emails
What's on Offer
45,000 - 55,000 + Benefits