You are here
- Senior Engineer for a Developer based in the Midlands.
- Housebuilding background is essential
About Our Client
The client is an award winning Spec Home builder with offices throughout the UK.
The business is a 5* builder with a huge emphasis on customer satisfaction.
- undertaking technical and feasibility studies and site investigations;
- developing detailed designs;
- supervising tendering procedures and putting together proposals;
- managing, supervising and visiting contractors on site and advising on civil engineering issues;
- communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues and architects, subcontractors, contracting civil engineers, consultants, co-workers and clients;
- managing budgets and other project resources;
- leading teams of other engineers and overseeing the work of junior staff;
- compiling, checking and approving reports;
- reviewing and approving project drawings;
- using computer-aided design (CAD) packages for designing projects;
- undertaking complex and repetitive calculations;
- adopting all relevant requirements around issues such as building permits, environmental regulations, sanitary design, good manufacturing Practices and safety on all work assignments;
- critically, you will ensure that a project runs smoothly and that the structure is completed on time and within budget.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will be a real team player first and foremost - the office truly works as a unit, both in the office and out.
You will be confident to manage a team and support those more junior as you will play a critical role in assisting with their development.
You will ideally have experience working in the UK housing industry and be fully fluent with all relevant building regulations and legislation.
What's on Offer
Car or allowance