You are here
Senior Finance Manager
- Senior leadership of financial strategy
- Qualified Accountant (or equivalent) with significant NHS experience
About Our Client
An NHS organisation in the South of England
The role is to support the CCGs in their strategic objective to provide better care at better value and closer to home
To provide senior finance leadership into the management of a number of provider contracts within the designated CCG system as part of a dedicated Provider Relationship management team for the nominated providers. This will be on behalf of the customer CCGs.
This will include:
- Negotiation of financial value of the annual acute contract and in year variations to the contract within delegated limits.
- Responsible for monthly review, analysis and presentation of monthly financial performance for the nominated provider.
- Analysis of areas of over-performance and lead on financial review including identification of corrective actions.
- Evaluation of business cases for service developments, services transfers and PBC schemes with recommendations of the Value for Money of the proposals
- Finance lead in support of the delivery of savings schemes to ensure the overall contract is delivered within the available resources
- Lead the review and agreement of the financial strategy of the nominated provider from the Commissioners viewpoint including synergy with the CCGs' strategic and Operational plans.
- Review of options for Strategic service changes within the nominated Health Economy with evaluation of the financial effects of proposed options.
- To provide regular ongoing support to CCGs' in relation to their delegated contracts.
- To deputise for the Assistant Director of Contracting when appropriate.
- To lead on nominated areas in support of Strategic planning across the health economy - such as Cancer Services, Mental Health, Childrens Services.
Key areas of Responsibility will include:
- Producing monthly and annual reports for the nominated acute providers on finance and activity performance.
- Maintaining an effective working relationship with other individuals in the finance directorate, other members of staff in the customer CCGs and outside organisations to ensure the delivery of a professional service focused on achieving a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Provide financial leadership as part of the Provider contract management team to ensure achievement of planned performance.
- Lead contract negotiations for the nominated provider including challenge to in year financial variations.
- Actively engage in support for the delivery of all key priorities for the customer CCGs as appropriate
- Lead the financial support into the delivery of financial savings targets by working with managers to identify savings schemes and to report on those in place.
- Lead the development to the customer CCGs' financial recovery plans and ensure delivery of identified savings plans relevant to contracted services for the nominated provider.
The Successful Applicant
Qualified Accountant (or equivalent) with significant NHS experience and exposure to PbR
What's on Offer
This role is for 6 months duration with an immediate start date and will pay £500 per day.