You are here
Senior Financial Accountant
- Senior Financial Accountant
About Our Client
A Private Equity backed business who are a leader in their field and enjoying continued growth and success. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a business who are commercial astute and fast-paced.
The Senior Financial Accountant role is critical to the successful reporting of monthly board and annual statutory accounts and the creation of a strong and engaging finance culture by implementing step improvements to process and systems. The role requires the jobholder to be agile and able to deal with new and ambiguous situations as the company grows from the UK to other jurisdictions.
The finance team are a critical business function and is undergoing a significant change as it moves from a transactional mind-set to a business partner. Activities are also being on-boarded to Bristol and with it a change to a more standardised and professional approach.
The key objectives of the role are:
- Outstanding audit opinion with auditors and the owners recognising the company as best in class.
- Managing and driving the reporting of the statutory accounting process - managing and influencing people to ensure they report on time and in full, preparing the group consolidation, preparing disclosures and performing reconciliations.
- On boarding of the UK statutory account preparation process (from a third party provider)
- Managing the on-boarding of activities from satellite sites to the operational teams in Bristol and London. Ensuring that processes are system enabled and there is a clear control and process framework.
- Delivering the monthly BSC and board packs to management and directors.
- Supporting change programmes and improvements - driving and implementing improvements with internal and external stakeholders and implementing a standardisation of ways of working.
The Senior Financial Accountant role reports to the Group Financial Controller, there will be a degree of travel to London and also some flexibility on working times to meet key deadlines. The company is a growing and dynamic environment and the finance team has a strong mandate to improve and implement change.
The Successful Applicant
The right Senior Financial Accountant will be:
- Technically strong, with a strong awareness of UK GAAP and IFRS standards including disclosures and submission of stat accounts.
- Communication - in all forms for each audience (including managing auditors and their deadlines)
- Critical prioritisation of workload
- Management/Leadership - challenging and supportive team player
- Excellent system and modelling skills (SAGE, excel, BI and other related systems)
- Attention to detail and sound judgement - ability to work in a repeatable way that enables work to be picked up by others and to be well and easily understood
- Ability to work under pressure and ambiguity
- Project Management - deadline/delivery focused, working in a way that is positive but assertive (chasing busy people with conflicting priorities)
- Open and easily builds relationships with people
Experience & Qualifications
- A Qualified Accountant (ICAEW, CIMA, ACCA), with strong academic achievement and 2 years of post qualified experience
- Experience of submitting statutory accounts and updating companies house on time and in full
- Proven track record of delivering and implementing step change (passion and curiosity for improvement)
- Experience of working in a number of systems including SAGE and business intelligence
What's on Offer
£45k - £50k dependant on experience + benefits