You are here
Senior Financial Accountant
Senior Accountant role West London
Global Tech Company
About Our Client
Our clients is an international technology company that specialising in mobile and wireless communications.
The primary focus of the role is to support a subset of EMEA legal entities:-
- to validate and sign off on month end accounts as prepared by the central accountancy team in accordance with US GAAP
- to generate local GAAP statutory accounts to comply with local reporting obligations including filing of local accounts and managing statutory audits
- to support local corporate tax compliance, accounting and reporting (includes corporation tax, VAT, accounting for payroll taxes, import/export compliance)
- to provide finance support to the entities' officers and employees
- responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the reported results by reviewing and signing off on the
- monthly management accounts
- monthly balance sheet ('ARM') reconciliations including Intercompany reconciliations and quarterly balance sheet reviews
- funding wire requests
- Quarterly Reporting Schedules
- Ensure that local legal entity statutory accounts are prepared in accordance with local GAAP and that they are filed on time to the appropriate authorities
- If required under local laws, statutory audits are managed efficiently, a clean audit report is given, and that audited accounts are filed on time to the appropriate authorities
- Ensure that all local VAT and Corporate Income Tax reporting, compliance, tax payments and tax return obligations are met on time.
- Manage any Corporation Tax or VAT enquiries or audits from local authorities
- Support of local Payroll / Income taxes compliance - eg collation of information on benefits for annual P11d report to tax authorities, Local payroll tax settlement agreement, employee expenses tax compliance (eg travel, relocation, benefits), Payroll Audits
- For each legal entity managed, the 'Satellite' Accountant will be responsible for supporting the legally appointed officers of the entity, as well as the site lead (if different) by providing any info necessary for the officer or site lead to sign legal or financial documents eg statutory accounts, tax computations or returns, grant applications, government statistical returns, SOX declarations, board resolutions etc
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a highly organised individual, with the ability to manage his or her own workload in addition to indirectly managing the company resources in remote locations. The role will require extensive collaboration with external accounting service providers and auditors. The role would suit someone from industry who is looking for experience of working in a central accountancy model, or someone trained in practice looking for a move into industry.
The candidate will also need to be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Microsoft Office Skills, in particular medium level Excel skills
- Good track record of first time exam passes.
The following would be advantageous, but not essential for the role:
- Experience using Oracle or similar ERP system
- Experience working in an international technology business
- Language skills
What's on Offer
The role for Senior Financial Accountant comes with a competitive package + bonus and benefits