You are here
Senior Financial Controller - Software Company
- Senior FC Role with complete ownership of the UK Finance function
- A rapidly growing, leading Software business
About Our Client
A cutting edge Software company that is rapidly expanding throughout the globe, with a presence in the US, UK and Africa.
This business has a unique working environment, with a flat structure, work life balance, and a 'non-corporate' mentality.
With a primary responsibility for the entire UK Finance Function, the role is a key interface between senior global finance leadership and the local operational finance team. The person will support leadership across the region with commercial and compliance support.
Key responsibilities will include:
Reporting & Audit
- Month end close and Reconciliations
- Quarter-end reporting preparation and ownership
- Preparation of annual IFRS statutory accounts and all related disclosures, liaising with external auditors as necessary
- Take the lead in technical accounting matters as they relate to the UK and liaise with the Group Accounting function and external auditors as necessary
- Advisory on all technical accounting matters
- Manage local workflow relating to year-end audit
- Maintain an appropriate and effective control infrastructure in place assuring the accuracy and completeness of the accounting records for the business
Broader Financial Management
- Payroll review
- Treasury and cash flow (Accounts Receivable and Payable control)
- Manage the local finance team of 5 people
- Play a proactive role in developing, mentoring and upskilling the team
- Facilitate foreign expansion through ability to research foreign tax/statutory/commercial regimes and implement solutions to most efficiently meet all needs
- Update job knowledge by keeping current with financial regulations and accepted practices; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organisations.
The Successful Applicant
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Qualified accountant with at least 10 years post-qualification experience gained in a non-audit role
- Must have personally prepared accounts - not just reviewed / audited accounts prepared by others
- Familiar with the requirements of IFRS
- Experience of implementing controls and process documentation
- Tax knowledge
- Leadership experience of a team of around 5 staff
- Proven problem-solving ability
- Methodical, diligent and accurate
- High level of integrity
- Self-motivated - requiring little supervisory input on a daily basis
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable working in a small team
What's on Offer
The role is paying a highly competitive basic salary with comprehensive benefits package. On top of this, the company offers excellent career progression, a fun working environment, and continual personal development.