You are here
Senior FP&A Manager
- My client are an instantaneously recognisable global retail brand.
- Seeking a Senior Group FP&A Manager due to recent restructure and growth.
About Our Client
My client are a leading global retail conglomerate who have just successful completed a merger with a US counterpart. This has brought exciting new opportunities within the organisation and an opportunity for someone who seeks real career progression to further their career.
The role sits within Group FP&A. The position will be exposed to all aspects of the Group across the world. This team member will be expected to understand the key business drivers for all operating divisions and apply financial tools to deliver highly visible presentations.
The Group FP&A Manager role primarily exists to:
- Deliver materials for the Budget, Three year plan, executive leadership report, quarterly earnings and/or forecast on behalf of Group for executive management and the board of directors
- Work cross-functionally with the divisions and functional units (tax, treasury, accounting) to develop and refine processes
- Perform ad hoc analysis (M&A, credit/rating agency, etc.) for executive leadership
- Leads monthly forecast process.
- Prepares monthly executive leadership report, which provides analysis on actual results. Produces corresponding schedules as necessary (i.e. consolidations, add-ups, validation reporting)
- Supports quarterly and annual and long-term incentive plan preparation for the Group and divisions
- Works with divisions and IR on quarterly and annual earnings deliverables, including guidance for earnings per share
- Provides ad hoc analysis supporting M&A, Treasury and other functional units to deliver reports and presentations (i.e. rating agency packs, deal model evaluation)
The Successful Applicant
What you'll need to be successful:
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with senior business management and create credibility and impact through these relationships
- Demonstrable commercial and business awareness, able to leverage this understanding when challenging strategic decisions with senior management
- A resilient individual with excellent communication skills with the confidence to influence at multiple levels across the organisation
- Motivated, self-starter with a track record of contributing effectively to delivering improvements, best practices approaches as well as the day-to-day tasks as part of a team,
- Ability to plan effectively to deliver multiple projects to tight deadlines and adapt to changes with pace and agility
- Strong analytical capability and demonstrable attention to detail
- ACA (or similar) qualification gained at a Big 4 practice or within a Blue Chip environment, with demonstrable and strong post-qualification experience
- A track record of developing and maintaining relationships with senior management within a complex organisation
- Previous FP&A or reporting experience including experience of driving improvement in reporting, forecasting cycles
In addition, the following would be desirable:
- European language skills
- Relevant (retail) industry experience
- Experience of consolidation/financial reporting systems - e.g. Hyperion, Cognos Controller, Cognos TM1
What's on Offer
What's on offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Car Allowance
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance