You are here
Senior Interior Architect
Leading Retail Architects and Designers
Local, National and International project focus
About Our Client
A home grown International Architectural Studio, specialising in Retail Design. Having rapidly built up an enviable portfolio, boasting some of the UK's most notable retail projects, they have become and are the 'go-to' practice for Retail Design and Urban Master-planning.
Studios can be found in the Midlands, London and most recently S.E. Asia and promote a fluid working environment in and between all studios - opportunity to travel is very real (and encouraged). They actively promote and encourage a relaxed working environment, and are at the forefront of promoting work/life balance.
Over and above their influence in the retail sector, they have begun organically diversifying into other sectors, of particular note commercial and residential, in which they have numerous growth opportunities.
The interiors team and their focus can broadly be broken down into three core areas.
- Retail Design Management;
- Interior Architecture;
- Asset Management/Enhancement.
You will be working in the Interiors team, working closely with Architects providing a fluid exchange of ideas to take a projects forward. Duties will be typical of a lead Interior Architect, with particular emphasis on:
- initial concept stages;
- design evaluation & reviews;
- implementation and project management.
Adding to their international portfolio, they are increasingly working on a local and national scale. Current projects are extensive and cover a wide range of sectors, and scales:
- Department store re-design and fit-out;
- new shopping centre;
- asset management and enhancement.
The role is an active one and you will be fully exposed to their complete range of stimulating projects, working on multiple at any one time.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will first and foremost have a passion for Interior Architecture and Design - raw talent to be harnessed and developed on an international platform. Coupled with this, you will have a keen interest in the psychology of space and how master-planning and design can be used to maximise commercial output.
- A minimum of 5 years' post qualification;
- Professional experience within the Retail sector is critical and you will have been involved in been developing retail strategies, branding and compelling environments for retailers;
- Someone who is passionate about design and keen to contribute to the development of a dynamic, growing practice;
- Someone who seeks responsibility and is capable of developing design proposals independently (whilst under the supervision of a senior associate/ director);
- Still a "do-er" (not just a manager) who contributes to the production of design information whilst being able to manage a small design teams around them;
- Experience or capabilities to be client facing.
- Knowledge of InDesign, SketchUp and AutoCAD are essential;
- REVIT is not required but could be beneficial.
What's on Offer
Highly competitive salary with generous benefits.
The opportunity to work in one of the biggest practices in the Retail sector, both in the UK and Overseas.
City Centre Location and opportunities to work internationally if desired.