You are here
Senior Internal Auditor
Global business that has grown both by acquisitions and organically
Excellent Internal Audit role with clear progression
About Our Client
Successful global business with numerous interests around the world looking to recruit a Senior Internal Auditor in Birmingham. It is a dynamic business having grown both by acquisitions and organically. The UK business is a sizeable operation, employing over 8000 staff across 200+ locations.
As a Senior Internal Auditor you will report into the Corporate Audit Manager and be responsible planning and executing a variety of financial, operational and SOX audits and special projects.
Essential Job Duties:
- Lead a team in performing financial, operational and SOX audits according to the annual risk assessment and audit plan. Coordinate testing for SOX with external auditors.
- Keep abreast of changes in audit and accounting professional standards and recommend modifications to strategies and annual plan as necessary.
- Prepare objective, accurate and factual audit reports for managers, executive management and the audit committee.
- Monitor management's achievement of committed action plans from prior audits to ensure identified issues were appropriately and completely addressed.
- Assist external auditors in performing audit procedures as requested.
- Develop audit programs by determining the audit objectives, procedures and internal controls required to ensure that Company policies and procedures are operating as management intends.
- Perform other duties as required.
The Successful Applicant
- ACCA, ICAS, ACA, CPA, CIA, or CISA certification
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or Finance and 3 or more years in public accounting, preferably Big 4/ top 10.
- KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES: Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of management. Experience supervising staff on audits, evaluating performance, and managing multiple projects.
- External Audit or Internal Audit experience gained from working in practice and then made a move into Industry. SOX experience would be an advantage.
What's on Offer
The package on offer for the Senior Internal Audit role is as follows:
£50-60k basic +car allowance + bonus + clear career progression.