You are here
Senior Internal Auditor
- Global business that has grown both by acquisitions and organically
- Excellent Internal Audit role with clear progression
About Our Client
Successful global business with numerous interests around the world looking to recruit a Senior Internal Auditor in Birmingham. It is a dynamic business having grown both by acquisitions and organically. The UK business is a sizeable operation, employing over 8000 staff across 200+ locations.
As a Senior Internal Auditor you will report into the Corporate Audit Manager and be responsible planning and executing a variety of financial, operational and SOX audits and special projects.
Essential Job Duties:
- Lead a team in performing financial, operational and SOX audits according to the annual risk assessment and audit plan. Coordinate testing for SOX with external auditors.
- Keep abreast of changes in audit and accounting professional standards and recommend modifications to strategies and annual plan as necessary.
- Prepare objective, accurate and factual audit reports for managers, executive management and the audit committee.
- Monitor management's achievement of committed action plans from prior audits to ensure identified issues were appropriately and completely addressed.
- Assist external auditors in performing audit procedures as requested.
- Develop audit programs by determining the audit objectives, procedures and internal controls required to ensure that Company policies and procedures are operating as management intends.
- Perform other duties as required.
The Successful Applicant
- ACCA, ICAS, ACA, CPA, CIA, or CISA certification
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or Finance and 3 or more years in public accounting, preferably Big 4/ top 10.
- KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES: Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of management. Experience supervising staff on audits, evaluating performance, and managing multiple projects.
- External Audit or Internal Audit experience gained from working in practice and then made a move into Industry. SOX experience would be an advantage.
What's on Offer
The package on offer for the Senior Internal Audit role is as follows:
£50-60k basic +car allowance + bonus + clear career progression.