You are here
Senior Investigatory Lead
- Major Ombudsman based in central London
- investiagations, fraud, case managment,
About Our Client
Major Ombudsman based in central London
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Investigatory Lead for an Ombudsman in London. You will:
- Manage a team to deliver investigations which are robust, bear scrutiny
and deliver impact and learning for the system.
- Take personal responsibility for the major, significant, systemic, high profile
and high risk cases within the organisation.
- Take leadership on investigative practice, ensuring investigations are: completed
professionally and in line with best practice; timely and proportionate and
meet high quality standards; appropriately planned and risk managed;
effective; and provide value for money in terms of resources utilised.
- Ensure that customers have a high quality service provided throughout which
reflects the strategic aims, published targets and service standards.
- Manage budget effectively to ensure value for money is obtained and service
- Manage external relationships (with families, complainants, organisations in
jurisdiction, communities, key stakeholders etc.) to support the effective
delivery of investigations.
The Successful Applicant
You will have
- Knowledge and understanding of best evidence and investigative risk
- Public sector or NHS and the context in which it operates
- Extensive experience in the investigation of serious, sensitive and complex
- Experience in successfully analysing information to support and negotiate
- Evidence of building and leading a high performance multi-disciplinary
teams to achieve organisational aims
- Experience of working in the public eye and conducting investigations
under political media or public scrutiny
- Experience of engaging with the public and organisations to deliver
investigations which are robust ,bear scrutiny and deliver impact and
- Experience of delivering quality assurance and good customer experience
- An understanding of non-criminal investigations, balance of probabilities,
lay based schemes and best evidence
- Experience of successfully managing geographically dispersed teams and
directing, coordinating and managing resources in a complex changing
What's on Offer
£80,000 - £90,000 PA DOE plus excellent benefits