You are here
Senior IT Support Engineer
£26,000 - £30,000
- Working on a shift basis for one of Europe's largest logistics companies.
- A strong focus on 2nd/3rd line server support with VMWare / Windows Server 2012
About Our Client
- Michael Page is representing one of the world's most recognisable logistics brands, who have an expert team of support and infrastructure staff operating on a national basis, primarily out of their Derby site.
- As a business, they have been in operation for over 40 years, and now boast a status as the global market leader within the burgeoning logistics sector.
- The award-winning company culture of the business includes a strong track-record of internal progression and promotion, so career advancement over the short and long term is something that they prioritise for all staff.
- As the Senior IT Support Engineer you will be working on one large and prestigious site in the East Midlands, providing hands-on 2nd and 3rd line troubleshooting support to on-site users.
- You will be working in a team of more than 10 talented and experienced support engineers, with the opportunity to work autonomously across both desktop and server support.
- You will be providing hardware and software application support in a Windows environment, with some exposure to Linux.
- You will be working extensively in server support and administration, with a central focus on Windows Server 2008 and 2012, as well as elements of virtualisation support via VMWAre.
- The role will be working within a team that operates on a rotating shift pattern which works Monday to Friday on a 24hr rotating shift out of the Derby site.
The Successful Applicant
As the Senior IT Support Engineer, you will have a strong level of experience supporting Windows Server 2012, in addition to a good level of understanding of virtualisation via VMWare.
- You will have an excellent understanding of Windows 7, and support of Active Directory. Additional experience supporting Linux would be beneficial, but not essential.
You will have a sound level of experience in networking support, covering basic principles such as TCP/IP and LAN/WAN.
- You will be someone who thrives on the challenge of working independently and autonomously, and possess the ability to troubleshoot as the last point of escalation.
What's on Offer
- You will be rewarded with an outstanding starting salary of £25,000-£28,000 + additional benefits.