You are here
Senior Legal Counsel (German Qualified or fluent in German)
£70,000 - £80,000
- Senior Legal Counsel
- In House
About Our Client
For full detailas about this vacancy please call Kate James on 0121 6348800.
In this role you will;
- Lead, direct and manage the Legal Counsel Team for all operational legal matters relating to customers and suppliers and drive the development of legal services to ensure an efficient and effective operation and quality of service is achieved within the Company
- Lead the review of legal agreements with customers, liaising with external lawyers
- Manage the review and recording of supply chain legal agreements and feedback to internal customers so as to achieve the strongest legal protection for the business
- Implement, maintain and drive system improvements for the review and recording of customer legal agreements (both tailored and standard terms and conditions) and supply chain legal arrangements including supplier/agent due diligence, revised standard purchase agreements and documentation with appropriate policy, procedures and guidance materials.
- Implement, maintain and systems to improve Provide advice and support to the business regarding customer/supplier disputes and issues and manage any actual, threatened or potential legal proceedings brought by or against the Company
- Create strategy for internal legal training and education programmes in relation to contract law and other legal matters.
- Assist in the management of group compliance activities such as competition law, bribery and corruption, and export control
- Coach and mentor employees to ensure they receive appropriate direction, management, training, development and support to enhance the job satisfaction and motivation in order to meet and exceed personal and business objectives
- Undertake additional or other duties as may be appropriate to achieve the objectives of the Legal Department and as directed and deemed appropriate by the Legal Director & Company Secretary
The Successful Applicant
Skills, Knowledge and Experience;
- English and/or German Law Degree (with significant contract experience); or German qualified lawyer with practical English commercial law experience;
- Thorough understanding of the law relating to contracts, including contracts for the supply of goods, materials and services
- Practical knowledge gained from working in the in-house legal department of a UK or European company, or in private practice providing commercial support to UK or European clients
- Able to plan and prioritise workloads, using expertise to deliver quality services
- Strong negotiation and dispute resolution skills
- Effective Leadership skills
- Highly computer literate and has a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Powerpoint and Word).Experience
- Minimum 3 years' management experience, supervising others and/or leading teams.
- Minimum 10 years' post-qualification experience gained in private practice or minimum of 10 year's experience in a in-house legal department of a UK or European company (or any balanced combination of the two) with a minimum of 5 years' commercial law experience
- Excellent communications skills both verbally and in writing and possess the ability to facilitate communication across Europe and Globally
- Able to build constructive relationships and to communicate effectively and with confidence at all levels.
- Good commercial acumen and practical problem-solving skills
- Competent in providing practical commercial advice on a wide range of legal and compliance matters and disputes.Skilled in the review of commercial contracts
- English qualified lawyer with practical German commercial law experience
- Dual-qualified German / English lawyer (licensed to practice in Germany and England (or similar jurisdiction) or experience German commercial law
What's on Offer
Opportunity to join as a Senior member of the legal department. Competitive basic salary, plus car allowance.