You are here
Senior Logistics Project Manager
- Senior Logistics project anager
- One of the Leading Global 3rd Party Logistics Provider
About Our Client
Leading 3rd Party Logistics Provider
UK Based; the role of a Senior Logistics Project Manager is to assist the development of major infrastructure change and improvement within the distribution network.
The role will entail : -
- Delivering major depot infrastructure change programmes in line with agreed business cases and time lines.
- Responsibility for a variety of projects that will include opening new and re purposing existing operations where appropriate.
- Facilitating and managing senior stakeholders on one to one or through natural work teams.
- Influencing key senior stakeholders to achieve the proposed solution and ensure delivery of the project.
- Full Project budgetary responsibility for the successful completion of multi-million pound change programmes.
- Identifying and delivering the key success factors within Operations, HR, IT, Property and Maintenance that will lead to the effective delivery of critical projects.
This is a genuinely exciting position that will provide the successful candidate with strong exposure to the strategic thinking that goes into creating a world class Logistics distribution and supply chain network. Due to the national nature of the business this role could entail a significant element of UK travel.
Logistics distribution and supply chain
The Successful Applicant
UK based role of Senior Logistics Project Manager requires a degree calibre individual seeking to develop and progress their careers within a fast-paced, forward thinking and global organisation.
The ideal candidate will have an operational background within Logistics distribution and supply chain and the ability to apply this experience within a more strategic role. Any past experience of managing and delivering projects within a distribution/logistics environment and exposure to Project Management techniques is therefore preferable. Due to the cross-functional nature of the role strong team-working and relationship building skills are critical. The willingness to take on a role with a high element of travel including spells spent working away from home will be an essential feature of the successful candidate.
Experience using Project methodologies (Six Sigma, Prince2, PMP, Agile, Waterfall)
Six Sigma accreditation is preferred although not essential.
Experience of using MS Project is essential
What's on Offer
£55000 - £65000 + Car, Bonus and excellent benefits