You are here
Senior Management Accountant
A great opportunity to join a market leading PR and Media company
A global organisation with excellent progression opportunities in central London
About Our Client
By fusing the experience and creativity of their people with in-depth stakeholder insight and innovation, they deliver the results their clients need to succeed in business and in a global society. Their experts anchor their thinking in a deep understanding of their clients' business. From that foundation, they help there clients look ahead while meticulously implementing communication strategies that deliver the impact they seek today. They help their clients see clearly, speak authentically and act decisively.
They have won numerous prestigious awards in recognition of the quality of their work being named EMEA's PR consultancy of the year awards. They are now established on a truly global level, with offices in more than 30 major markets across the world.
As the senior management accountant you would report directly to the European Financial Director, acting as key point of contact for operations across Europe:
- Manage month-end closes and ensure that deadlines are met, ensuring that the 'Europe close schedule' is followed, all month end Dynamics processes are run and signed off and that a monthly managements file is produced containing all supporting documentation. Produce draft P&L's & Balance Sheets timely and accurately
- Ensure that monthly results are communicated effectively to the relevant MD's and that appropriate schedules/reports are shared with external accountants;
- Reconcile the statutory accounts to the management accounts (for some of the entities on a quarterly basis);
- Make recommendations on provisions;
- Ensure that Inter-company reconciliations are maintained each month and are accurate;
- Handle client budget tracking as appropriate. Ensure that all project files are adequately maintained. Oversee the billing process and ensure that billing is issued timely and accurately;
- Manage all audits, both internally from corporate and externally from tax agencies for assigned offices;
- Ensure that statutory accounts and tax returns are produced in a timely and accurate fashion
- Supervise assigned accounting staff, coordinating workflow, assisting with annual reviews, mentoring and assisting with career growth opportunities.
The Successful Applicant
Our client is a global strategic communications and public affairs consultancy business, so the requirements are based on the core need for considerable experience in the Professional Services industry:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with a few years PQE, of which significant experience must have been in the Professional Services sector;
- Degree Educated - 1st or 2nd (or equivalent) from a leading university - and able to demonstrate that they are a: self-starter, lots of energy, initiative and proactive-ness;
- Used to hitting tight reporting deadlines with an eye for accuracy and completeness;
- Demonstrable experience in developing processes and controls in a finance function;
- Good working knowledge of Job Costing systems and Work In Progress management;
- Experience and practical understanding of financial requirements in various European countries;
- Effective relationship building and communication skills;
- Systems literate and very good with Excel;
- Good working knowledge of European VAT;
- Working knowledge of European employment taxes;
- An understanding of UK/US GAAP;
- Ready for a challenge.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be offered a senior management accountant position at a market leading PR and media company. You will receive £50000 - £55000 + a competitive benefits package depending on experience.