You are here
Senior Management Accountant
- Our client is a major rail operating body
- Rail specialist Senior Management Accountants only
About Our Client
Our client is a central London located organisation that is growing it's finance function. Our client is a large rail operating body that covers the Southern England. It is in the process of implementing exciting new technology into it's units including whole-scale wifi services.
Day to day requirements of this Senior Management Accountant position are:
* Delivery of all financial infomation. This includes financial reporting to inform business decision making, monthly management accounts and statutory accounts for the subsidiaries and statutory consolidated accounts for the parent company.
*Work closely with the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis and the business partners within the team to continually improve the function's efficiency.
* Maintain and support further development of a comprehensive finance service.
* Carry out continuous reviews of accounting practices and processes to ensure efficient and cost effective operations; based on findings present proposals for operational changes to policy, procedures, processes, etc which benefit the organisation. Benefits to include reducing costs and increasing efficiency.
The Successful Applicant
ACA/ACCA/CIMA or CIPFA qualified or equivalent.
Ideally 2 years post qualified experience in a transport organisation.
Continuous improvement ethos.
Strong IT and excel skills.
Good confident communicator at all levels.
Strong organisation and time management skills.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will secure a contract through a two stage interview process and will receive £275 per day
It is an initial 8 month contract with view to further extension.
Central London >Senior Management Accountant> Rail and Transport