You are here
Our client is an Multichannel Fashion Retailer based in West Yorkshire
Looking to appoint a Senior Merchandiser to their Head Office.
About Our Client
Our Client is a Multichannel Retailer Based in Yorkshire.
As a Senior Merchandiser your will be responsible for the following:
- Effectively lead departmental merchandise support team, drive their development and create an motivated and successful team.
- Support the head of merchandising in brand level tasks and development of the merchandise strategy for the business
- Second for the head of merchandise when required
- Proven track record on project leadership at business unit level
- Demonstrate leadership and coaching across the merchandising team as a whole
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of the merchandise function and support the head of merchandise in developing merchandising at a business unit as well as department level.
- Create and deliver, with the Buyers, the department seasonal planning strategy in line with signed off targets.
- Work with range managers to deliver mail plan range selection with specific responsibility for range performance analysis, statistical forecasting at size, colour and style level in line with agreed plans and budgets.
- Lead weekly trading meetings with the Buyers to highlight concerns and opportunities in relation to service and stock levels and CPI's and propose actions to minimise and maximise respectively.
- Responsible for proactively trading the department to ensure key kpi's are met or exceeded.
- Promote strong cross functional working practices within the Product Division and with the Marketing, Finance and Logistics functions to ensure compliance and delivery of milestones.
- Drive interaction with local and international supply chain to ensure effective resolution of supply chain issues and development/improvement of current processes.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful you will have the following:
- Demonstrates excellent leadership and coaching skills with the ability to promote a strong team spirit
- Be able to demonstrate ability to drive dept strategy and trading
- Demonstrable ability in building, leading and developing a team
- Ability to influence internal and external customers at all levels
- Can demonstrate strong negotiating, communication and influencing skills at all levels and understand the appropriate approach dependent on the audience
- Pro active with the ability to question, challenge and initiative change
- Ability to drive change whilst still being strategically aligned with business goals
- Show potential to operate at a senior manager level
- Be customer centric internally and externally
- Be able to demonstrate a first class record in merchandising to a senior level and to a high standard
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of range planning, WSSI management, Line cards and forecasting processes and systems
- Passionate about product
- Demonstrates an understanding of markets and conditions that drive customer expectations
- Preferably educated to degree level
What's on Offer
Competitive dependant on experience.