You are here
Senior Patent Administrator
Excellent IP role with an In-House organisation
Excellent quality of work/ pay
About Our Client
My Berkshire based client are a pharmaceutical company with offices worldwide.
My client are seeking a Senior Patent Administrator to assist members of the IP department in achieving the targets of the IP department in a timely and cost-effective manner.
The successful Senior Patent Administrator will carry out the following tasks;
- Coding and processing incoming invoices on request.
- Preparation of monthly.
- Collation of data for the annual budget.
- Maintenance of GB/EP Patent Office deposit accounts.
- Liaison and co-ordination with Brussels-based IPD personnel to ensure accurate and effective maintenance of UCB's UK-originating patent filings.
- Coding and processing renewals invoices (and liaising with CPA as necessary).
- Carrying out assigned patent searches (e.g. using PatBase software) on request.
- Retrieving patent documentation and file histories (e.g. using Patent Order software), as requested.
- Assistance in carrying out assigned patent watches (e.g. by interrogating online EPO Patent Register on a regular basis) on request.
The Successful Applicant
- Certificate in Patent Administration
- Experience of Docketing on Memotech or Improtech.
- Experience of all Patent formalities.
- Computer literacy: familiarity with Windows Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Time management/priority setting: ability to meet deadlines is an integral feature of the role.
- Attention to detail: as would be expected in a legal/IP function.
- Collegiality: the ability to operate as an integral member of the IPD team.
- Flexibility: to handle a wide variety of individual tasks.
- Flexibility: to travel to international offices mainly Europe
What's on Offer
Benefits: 5% Bonus, 8% Pension contribution, 25 Holidays, Life Assurance, Bupa Cover