You are here
This position is now filled
Senior Project Co-ordinator
- Based in Milton Keynes
- Working in the customer experience team
About Our Client
Higher Education Business
To organise and schedule team/projects meetings and service all relevant groups and committees.
To disseminate information about the progress of the team and associated projects generally.
To take a key role in creative problem solving and analysis of issues relating to projects within the scope of the Customer Experience project portfolio.
To contribute to and influence the planning and development of projects within the scope of the Customer Experience project portfolio.
Responsibility for effective communication when liaising with other units and other areas within Marketing to ensure accurate development of policy and to manage the information flow between the project team and other relevant areas of the University.
Organising training and briefings to relevant staff, proactively and on demand, by presentations, briefings, and regular progress updates. This includes publicity to the wider OU community.
Ensuring that staff understand the changes and have a point of contact for advice/training:
- develop/review ideas for change affecting University policy and operations, based on agreed University priorities, influencing and instigating policy / procedural developments and instituting projects as necessary;
- be responsible for implementing agreed changes on schedule.
Provide Project Management Support and Co-ordinate the delivery of projects
To work with team members and other Project Managers and find appropriate ways to manage projects within appropriate governance structure.
Monitor project tasks using appropriate tools, escalating all risks and issues which have the potential to impact on time, cost or quality constraints.
To act as project manager for the delivery of projects ensuring that:
- the requirements articulate the needs of all areas of the OU that will be using the new development;
- optimum application of any software is achieved, through close consultation with business users;
- areas where business process change might/ought to be considered are identified.
- To provide support to business areas in:
- developing project justification according to agreed strategic objectives;
- scoping and completing project specifications and plans and other documents are required by project methodology.
Responsibility for ensuring that project development progresses according to agreed milestones (including delivery of project documentation) and to the prevailing methodology. This involves regular structured team meetings to review progress, agree strategy, and establish targets.
Reviewing implementation after the project has been completed and ensure that any remedial action and learning outcomes have been documented and progressed.
- Support Change
- To identify shortfalls in existing support systems and business procedures, and propose local solutions.
Ensuring that business readiness activities are agreed to with stakeholders by:
- ensuring staff have a point of contact for advice/training
- being responsible for implementing agreed changes on schedule.
Create and update briefings and presentations using a range of ICT software to share information and communicate with stakeholders across the university on Customer Experience Change activities and projects
Providing general support to projects and activities within the remit of the Customer Experience.
To be flexible and adaptable to meet the changing demands of the team.
All staff are expected:
- To undertake an other duties which may be reasonably required;
- To undertake reasonable care of the Health & Safety of themselves and that of any other person who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work;
- To demonstrate a strong commitment to the principles and practice of equality and diversity.
The Successful Applicant
Higher education qualification or equivalent professional qualification.
More than 2 years experience as a manager of staff and/or activities.
Proven ability to help others cope successfully with change
Evidence of a customer-focused approach to work and knowledge of the principles of customer relationship management
Evidence of an appreciation of how new technology can be applied to improve the delivery of operational activities
What's on Offer
6 month day rate contract with potential of extention