You are here
Senior Project Engineer
- Reporting To:Project Engineering Manager
- Degree qualified in Manufacturing Systems Engineering (desirable)
About Our Client
- To identify and manage capital projects relating to upgrades and renewal to the site, services and equipment.
- To prepare sound financial justifications.
- To define and deliver the projects milestones on time and to budget.
- To ensure projects are supported by the appropriate level of documentation and training.
- Preparation of detailed project plans and scope of works to allow for accurate quotations for civil / construction works.
- Monitoring of contractors and site work throughout the project lifecycle.
- Preparing project budget reviews and final sign off of works.
- To ensure the manufacturing facility gains maximum benefit from the adoption of new and emerging technologies.
- To ensure that equipment used in all areas operates effectively, consistently and safely in an increasingly efficient manner and in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) guidelines.
- To support the Production Engineering Team in solving problems affecting equipment efficiency.
- Ensure all improvement activities are in line with all relevant standards.
- Ensure all manufacturing operations are defined and documented to ensure optimum performance.
Improve the Performance of Existing Operations
- Assist in the investigation of operational problems affecting production.
- Proactively identify, plan and implement solutions to facilitate improvements in equipment performance.
- Provide documented training to Operators and Production Engineers to overcome repeat equipment / set up problems.
Safety and the Environment
- Safety and responsibility towards the environment is an integral part of all activities. This will be a key consideration in the development of the factory, equipment purchases, improvement work and training.
- To ensure the safety of Operators and Production Engineers using the equipment by maintaining a system of production machinery risk assessments.
- Ensure that all equipment is certified to the required safety standards, such as CE.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree qualified in Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- Experience within a FMCG industry
- Experience of Implementing Lean Methodologies / TPM in a manufacturing organisation
- Experience of the application of GMP in Manufacturing
What's on Offer