You are here
Senior Project Finance Analyst
Senior Project Finance Analyst role in Central London
One of Europe's largest construction projects
About Our Client
My client are at the heart of London improvement, hiring talented people, my client aim to deliver their ambition of re-invigorating a much under used social, environmental and economic asset.
This is an opportunity to be a part of one of Europe's largest construction projects.
The Senior Project Finance Analyst will be responsible for the following:
- Reporting, Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting
- Lead in the preparation of all Direct cost internal financial reporting. Aid in the production of timely and accurate monthly management accounts, being proactive in offering support and challenge to the budget holders
- Lead in the preparation of appropriate monthly Direct cost reports (including Finance Board Report) including performance against budget/forecast for use by the IP Exec team ,Ofwat, Government and other external stakeholders. Ensuring that variances are fully understood and reported on a timely basis.
- Lead in ensuring that all Direct costs are properly reflected in our finance system, Netsuite, in accordance with relevant accounting standards.
- (b) Budgeting and Forecasting
- Lead in the production and reporting of all the Direct costs long term business plans, budgets and forecasts including the OAB (Budget) and STB (strategic target baseline) Board presentations
- 2.Project Controls Interface
- Lead the interface with Project Controls ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting for the Delivery Directorate including the monthly performance review (PDR)
- Ensure the monthly reporting deadlines are met i.e. Direct costs into Net Suite and Indirects into Ecosys for EAC (including any inflation adjustments/nominal priced submissions).
- 3. Cost Verification
- Provide assurance over Main Works and System Integration costs (including Payment Applications) through compliance with appropriate financial processes, system and governance structures.
- 4.Cash Reporting and Forecasting
- Lead in the timely and accurate cash reporting and forecasting for all Direct costs.
- Provide detailed Balance Sheet reconciliations from Net Suite that provide analysis between application for payments and actual costs of work performed.
- 5.Supporting the Financial Control Manager
- Support the Financial Control Manager with external reporting requirements including technical accounting and tax workstreams, as well as aid production annual report and accounts.
- Deputise for the Financial Control Manager where necessary at senior stakeholder meetings
The Successful Applicant
- ACA Qualification from a Top 10 Practice is essential.
- Experience of financial reporting on capital projects would be advantageous
- A good understanding of IFRS and latest accounting developments
- Experience of finance applications and their integration with business processes.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong team player
- Flexibility and drive to consistently meet deadlines in a changing environment
- Ability to deal with senior stakeholders within the business
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary and Benefits on offer
Based in Central London
One of Europe's largest Construction Projects in a High Performing team