You are here
This position is now filled
Senior Project Manager
- SaaS, COTS, software implementation, software integration, SDLC, ITIL
- SharePoint 2010/2013, MS Office 2010
About Our Client
I am representing one of the largest third sector clients in the country, based West London.
The Job Role:
To deliver allocated IT projects as undertaken by the IT Department to time, budget, scope and quality parameters.
To provide support to the IT Program Manager and IT Leadership Team in influencing, developing and progressing the future direction of the Development Team and IT Department.
1. To undertake the management of project(s) as assigned by the IT Program Manager.
2. To work closely with the relevant project teams within IT and the Trust to gain the technical knowledge and information about projects and their future implications for the Trust.
3. To work closely with the relevant project teams to manage the immediate project support needs and ensure the successful transition and handover of projects into Service Delivery and Operations.
4. To work closely with the Trust's legal and procurement function, to negotiate support, maintenance and development contracts with external companies inclusive of costs, service levels agreements and key performance indicators.
5. To support, lead and manage required resources in the delivery of projects to time, plan and schedule ensuring that there is adherence to the standards established by the IT project management methodology for the project life-cycle.
6. To consistently monitor and advise the IT Program Manager and business team of project progress, slippage, exceptions or changes that may affect the progress of the project.
7. To prepare financial budgets for the project(s). To monitor financial expenditure against budget and to report on a regular basis the financial status of the project(s). To estimate and present for approval any changes from budget that may be required.
8. To identify and monitor the risks to the successful outcome of the project and to plan the necessary counter-measures to minimise the impact of these risks.
9. To contribute to the development and maintenance of the IT project management methodology. To contribute to an ongoing education process within IT and the Trust to promote the methodology.
10. To keep abreast with Industry best practice and seek out opportunities to create value for the organisation through the use of innovative products and services.
11. To undertake any other duties that may reasonably be required from time to time, including out of hours working.
Reporting to the IT Program Manager.
Responsible for the management of internal and contract staff assigned to projects.
Working as part of the IT Systems Development Team and wider IT Department
The Successful Applicant
Investments background highly desirable - other Essentials:
* 5 plus year's experience of Project Managing IT Business facing projects
* 5 plus year's experience of deploying/integrating SaaS based or COTS solutions.
* 5 plus year's experience of working with Microsoft technologies
* 5 plus year's experience of working in a structured software development life cycle environment
* 5 plus year's experience of working with on/off shore solution providers
* Experience of working with senior stakeholders
* Proven experience of leading people/project teams in a matrixed environment
* Sound knowledge of IT service delivery and project management methodologies, processes and functions
* Experience of resource management and excellent planning abilities.
* Degree in IT Computing
* Foundation level in ITIL Service Management Framework
* Agile project delivery
* Knowledge of client PC technologies including SharePoint 2010/2013, MS Office 2010 Professional, Office 365, Windows7/10
* Technical knowledge of a wide range of computer hardware and software including, SQL 2012, Microsoft Windows 2008/2012, MS Exchange, VMWare, MS Azure
* Experience of commercial/legal constructs associated with SaaS or COTS based solutions
What's on Offer