You are here
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Kingston Upon Hull
£38,000 - £45,000
- Fast growing specialist contractor in the sector
- Leading QS position within the business
About Our Client
Our client is on one of the fastest growing business in it's sector, with a healthy order book over the next few years
For the Senior QS role the requirements are:
- Managing, leading and developing a team of Commercial and Accounting Staff to fulfil their potential and standards required
- Preparing a range of documents such as contract costing, KPls and forecasts as well as producing monthly financial reports to the board
- Conducting other tasks such as managing/pricing variations, tender analysis/negotiation and letting of contract works
- Delivered savings on company contracts, by negotiation with sub contractors and suppliers
- Managing and developing Commercial staff for each project as well as ensuring project is successfully delivered within set timescales and budgets
- Preparing tender enquiries and tender lists together with scopes of work for the procurement of the subcontract packages, where necessary, not a larger part of the works as most of the works are completed in-house.
- Liaising extensively with the client and making applications for payment and managing / pricing variations
- Managing major sub-contractors and the approved lists, ensuring satisfaction of all specifications, deadlines and successful account negotiations.
- Reviewing Contract costing information, final accounts and ensure WIP is kept to a minimum at all regional offices.
- Taking responsibility for settling final accounts or being involved in contractual disputes that contracts managers throughout the group cannot resolve directly.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Quantity Surveying (or other commercially related discipline)
- Minimum 5 years experience within construction. Good knowledge of forms of contract
- Able to manage and effectively monitor sub-contractors
- Have excellent communication - both oral and written, numeric and computer skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work to own initiative
- Ability to build strong relationships with all management levels
- Highly ambitious and compelled
- RICS / CIOB qualification
- Able to quickly build strong working relationships with people at all levels
What's on Offer
£38000 to £45000 + car or allowance + pension + healthcare etc