You are here
Senior Revenue Accountant - German Speaking
- German speaking Revenue Accountant
- Software company West London
About Our Client
This US owned company is a leading worldwide provider of enterprise software platforms.
The responsibilities of the Senior Revenue Accountant are but not limited to:
- Work with the international revenue recognition team to ensure all software license and service transactions are reviewed for proper revenue recognition treatment in accordance with SOP 97-2 and other technical accounting literature.
- Serve as a technical reference for the sales and legal teams during the international contract negotiation process by analyzing the impact of contract terms, communicating the revenue impact of such terms, and offering alternative structures, if available.
- Perform, analyze, and summarize accounting research related to revenue recognition.
- Prepare revenue recognition checklists for license transactions within HQ scope and review revenue recognition checklists within scope and prepared by the international finance team; including confirmation of delivery and collectibility and review of the Field Sales Portal Disclosures for those license transactions reviewed
- Assist with the quarterly review and analysis of the CATS contract system for worldwide contracts to ensure revenue recognition completeness;
- Review quarterly worldwide license and deferred license revenue reconciliations ensuring quarterly closing deadlines are met.
- Review of country submissions and preparation of the consolidated analysis of the following: Future Purchase Commitment Schedule, Extended Payment Term Analysis, monthly VSOE analysis.
- Assist in Microstrategy's quarterly review and annual audit, working with appropriate Contracts attorneys and International finance team to resolve audit and review questions and issues.
- Assist in preparation of the quarterly Audit Committee Memo for revenue related matters;
- Prepare periodic updates to the MicroStrategy Policies and Procedures Manual for areas associated with the position and related internal controls.
- Participate in periodic communication, updates, and training covering revenue recognition policies affecting the contracts department, sales force, international finance team and country managers.
- Preparation and completion of other projects and tasks that may be required from time-to-time.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified
- Extensive experience in accounting and finance (prefer manager from corporate accounting department)
- Strong financial reporting and accounting skills
- Experience in software industry revenue recognition
- Knowledge of SOP 97-2, SOP 81-1, SAB 101 and other software revenue recognition accounting literature
- Strong managerial and leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills and will be able to communicate in German
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Appropriate handling of confidential information
- Strong Computer skills: proficiency in MS Excel, Accounting Software packages such as JD Edwards.
What's on Offer
The German speaking Senior Revenue Accountant role comes with a very competitive salary upwards of £45,000 depending upon experience, plus benefits.