You are here
This position is now filled
Senior Risk Specialist
- A Senior Risk Specialist for a high profile Financial Services business
- role based in London and assessing firms operatioanl frameworks
About Our Client
The Senior Risk Specialist for a high profile Financial Services business based in London .
My client is a highly regarded firm and market leader, with some very exciting new growth and ventures.
The Senior Risk Specialist will have the following remit:
* The measurement and modelling of operational risk by firms;
* The adequacy of capital for operational risk under both advanced (internal models) and standardised methods;
* The adequacy and appropriateness of inputs to operational risk measurement and modelling including to capital calculation.
* The treatment of operational risk in stress-testing by firms.
The Successful Applicant
The Senior Risk Specialist will have a background similar to :
- Academic qualification. The job holder will have a Master's degree in a quantitative field, such as applied math, economics, engineering or physics; ideally this would be extended with a PhD in an analytical discipline, with publication in peer reviewed journals.
- Proven quantitative skills. The job holder is expected to have expert understanding of mathematical and statistical methods used in operational risk modelling as related to both low and high frequency events. The job holder is also expected to have in depth understanding of quantitative finance especially as related to operational risk capital calculation principles and methods. Furthermore, the job holder's quantitative skills will enable him or her to understand the strength and weakness of complex operational risk models especially those which adopt novel approaches.
- Proven practical and technical experience. The job holder will have practical and technical industry experience gained in a financial services organisation or professional services firm from working in operational risk capital modelling or model validation.
- Analysis and judgement. The job holder will be able to compare and contrast what firms are doing in the fields that are examined, the job holder will spot strengths and weaknesses in firm's approaches and models, select and prioritise recommendations arising from visits, and relate technical issues to the wider goals of regulation.
What's on Offer
Excellent base salary and total package