You are here
Senior Scrap Metal Buyer
- Senior Scrap Metal Buyer role with a growing business in Derbyshire
- Attractive starting salary and bonus package available
About Our Client
A specialist in their field, the business currently has four sites located within the UK, having recently opened a new site in Chesterfield and has grown in recent years to now employ over 250 people across the company. A family run business, they pride themselves on building relationships with their suppliers and their customers and are keen to continue to grow so are open to change and are willing to support any ideas and challenges you may have in order to help drive the development and growth of the business.
As one of the Senior Metal Buyers you will be responsible for the purchasing of ferrous metals from sources across the UK and will be largely field based as you will be required to travel to build relationships with customers and suppliers across diverse metals industries. The company have recently installed a new 1000t Henschel shear at their Chesterfield site so require heavy shearing scrap in order to fill the capacity, the ideal candidate will have a history of purchasing significant tonnage of this type of material from the demolition industry or similar.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will ideally have the following skills and experience:
- Experience gained in the scrap metal, waste management, plant hire or construction demolition industry
- Previous experience in purchasing scrap metal
- Confident when speaking to suppliers and able to build relationships
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to gain material at best price as per market rates
What's on Offer
- Salary - upward of £50k (negotiable)
- Bonus - Generous bonus package based on performance.
- Car - BMW 5 series or equivalent
- Life insurance
- Family Health Cover
- Phone / Laptop/Ipad etc
- 33 Days holiday p.a.