You are here
Senior Supply Chain Manager
Are you a Retail Supply Chain Manager seeking a new opportunity?
Are you interested in opportunities based in the West Country of England?
About Our Client
My client is a leading Homewares and DIY specialist retail business, based in Somerset, with over 400 stores globally. Established for over 30 years, it continues to grow year-on-year domestically and internationally.
The Senior Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for leading a team to deliver exceptional availability that will exceed the demands of our customers' expectations whilst driving stock efficiencies to reduce the cost to serve.
The role holder is accountable for all aspects of stock & supply within the appropriate categories, delivering an agreed level of on shelf availability across the store portfolio and home delivery channels whilst optimising the levels of inventory and minimising Supply Chain costs to the business.
- Ensure achievement of key stock availability targets in line with company objectives
- Manage forecasting to a defined accuracy level and manage stock to defined budget
- Effective management of the Supply base to achieve defined levels of delivery performance whilst supporting the growth plans of the business
- Creating strategic plans with our suppliers and integrating more closely with them to ensure a robust supply chain strategy
- Establishing our inbound inventory strategy in terms of stock holding and availability replenishment
- Working closely with other senior supply chain managers (including our Trade Counter Manager, Supply Chain Development Manager and Flow Planning Manager) to ensure seamless transactions throughout our supply chain
- Managing events to fully understand the current and future implications of new lines, deletions, promotions and other event-related activity on our supply chain strategy
- Balancing the need to drive future supply chain strategy and change with managing a team to deliver the current needs of "business as usual"
- Managing key internal relationships with Store Ops, Logistics, Commercial Markets and Systems
- Develop & implement Supply Chain improvements alongside the Supply Chain Development team to reduce cost and lead-time of product flow throughout the Supply Chain
- Develop & implement processes and procedures that significantly improve Supply Chain performance
- Ensure smooth execution of events (e.g. promotion, range reviews) affecting the Supply Chain and launch in full every time
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in the role of Senior Supply Chain Manager you will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Prior experience within a retail senior supply chain management role
- Prior experience within a multi-channel supply chain is desirable
- Proven track record in driving stock efficiency
- Proven experience and successful track record in systemic and root cause problem solving of supply chain issues is essential
- Proven track record in identifying, proposing and implementing step change improvements to processes within mid to long-term timeframes is essential
- Prior experience in successfully leading a department or large team is essential
- Prior experience in resource-planning against current and future workload requirements is an advantage
- Proven analytical skills
- High level of influencing skills
- Proven track record of driving improvements in supplier performance
- Proven track record in developing team capability to meet commercial and individual needs (both immediate and future)
- Highly numerate - able to understand and interpret financial, sales and other commercial information and to produce predictive reporting of data and trends, and recommendations based on this
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and an ability to communicate well at all levels within an organisation
- Skilled in co-ordinating cross-functional activities to ensure that overall commercial objectives are met
- In-depth experience working in Supply Chain, preferably in a retail or manufacturing environment
What's on Offer
As well as a competitive salary on offer for the role of Senior Supply Chain Manager, you will receive a competitive package including a bonus scheme eligibility, pension scheme and 25 days annual leave.