You are here
This position is now filled
Senior Transport Planner
- Opportunity for a experienced Transport Planner to join a growing business
- MUST HAVE FLEXABILITY TO TRAVEL TO MULTIPLE WEST MIDS LOCATIONS
About Our Client
The Senior Transport Planner will be responsible for and undertake the following tasks.
Ensuring that all elements of the job are effectively communicated to drivers and sub-contractors.
To plan the effective utilisation of drivers, vehicles, sub-contractors and agencies ensuring that all Company sites are fully considered when doing so.
Ensure that all drivers are working within a safe environment and follow driver hours regulations.
Liaising with retail department teams to optimise fleet/driver utilisation, identifying and resolving problems affecting delivery on time.
Close liaison with other operators and team leaders to discuss efficiencies and agreed operational practices.
Effectively manage the balance between own fleet and sub contract requirements, identifying and suggesting any areas for improvement
Conducting investigations into accidents or issues of driver performance and raising with Team Leaders and HR to ensure they are dealt with efficiently and consistently.
Working alongside fleet to ensure timely return of vehicles
Working with Compliance to ensure trucks are legal and information is downloaded in a timely manner
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidates for the Senior Transport Planner role will have:
- Extensive experience in managing vehicle utilisation, managing drivers and ensuring drivers are given clear and precise instructions across a complex FMCG network
- You will be computer literate with strong excel skills and be able to use an advanced Transport Planning and Management system (preferably Paragon)
- You will be a team builder and a strong communicator with the ability to problem solve within a complex transport network
What's on Offer
a salary of Â£35,000 + benefits