You are here
- 24/7 Operation
About Our Client
Multi temperature distribution centre
* Work with the local management team to drive and improve Health & Safety standards across the sites within area of responsibility. Where required meet 18001 standards.
* Work with local management team to improve environmental / sustainability standards and where required meet ISO 14001 standards.
* Work with local management team where required to improve quality management systems meeting ISO 9001 standards.
* Work with local management team to produce and deliver strategic plans for SHEQ performance taking into account corporate and customer requirements which will translate into Annual SHEQ plans.
* Actively promote the SHEQ strategy to drive a tangible improvement in safety performance and culture.
* Provide a professional service to line management at all levels, ensuring that Good Practice in SHEQ is adopted and regularly reviewed. This will include day to day management; accident reduction strategies; and management SHEQ training requirements.
* Carry out statistical analysis and trending to identify issues of concern; assist in the creation, modification and delivery of relevant action plans and provide support for all SHEQ and Food Safety processes
* No budgetary control
* Direct reports - (Site SHEQ Officers and SHEQ Co-ordinators)
* Assist in or lead (as required) the investigation and management of incidents (including major incidents), providing advice on root causation, best preventative measures and sharing lessons learned.
* Develop systems that will ensure that the site safety management system is fit for purpose.
* Mentoring and developing SHEQ Champions / Co-ordinators
* Using corporate SHEQ IT systems e.g. Safeguard, Mobile Safety, Webrisk etc., to support the delivery of the above accountabilities
* To keep abreast of corporate, regulatory and legislative changes and advise management of the implications for the business. To undertake a recognised CPD programme.
* To deliver safety training as required.
* Produce management reports as required by the Divisional SHEQ Manager and local line manager
The Successful Applicant
* CMIOSH (or working towards)
* NEBOSH Diploma qualified or equivalent (candidates who are studying to this level will be considered). Suitably experienced candidates who do not currently meet this requirement must attain this within 24 months of appointment.
* Relevant experience of managing SHEQ preferably within a logistics environment
* Will have the leadership and influencing skills to drive a culture of continuous improvement using a collaborative and hands -on approach
* Ability to translate legislation into everyday language
* Will have effective presentation and training skills
* Experience of environmental and quality management would be preferable
* Will require competent administration and IT skills.
What's on Offer
Please ask for more details on salary and package