You are here
This position is now filled
Shift Electrical Engineer
- Market-leading chilled food manufacturer
- Electrical Engineer
About Our Client
Our Client is a global leader in food manufacture, providing into key retailers and food service in the UK and overseas. With an annual turnover of over Â£1 billion, they employ over 10,000 globally.
As the business rolls out its plans for the implementation of new lines in the coming months, the successful candidate will be a part of the growing team, responsible for maintaining the equipment and ensuring that the business can deliver production targets and continue the upward trend that they have enjoyed.
- Respond quickly and effectively to unplanned problems, breakdowns and emergency repairs to drive improvement efficiency.
- Provide solutions to failed situations from an electrical viewpoint - providing comprehensive information about failures, fault findings, repairs and actions taken, liaising with other engineers and operational management;
- Work on installations and commissioning of new equipment across site;
- Provide reactive and PPM maintenance to site machinery, equipment and systems, utilising best practice, in a timely manner to the highest standards.
- Work on a variety of production-based machinery; ensure production is made within quality control parameters;
- Optimise line performance by maximising equipment available;
- Assist with site projects, including the installation of new equipment installations and machine modifications;
- Supervise contractors on-site ensuring compliance of all company EHS requirements;
- Co-ordinate and supervision of maintenance apprentice ensuring compliance of all company EHS requirements;
- Undertake continuous professional development and on-the-job training when required;
- Take seriously, and demonstrate best practice with regards to the Health, Safety & welfare of self and others;
- Deliver excellent house-keeping standards; control of maintenance tools, stores and equipment.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have at least 3 years' experience within a food manufacturing environment and will display the following characteristics:
Electrical Engineering qualification
Good problem solving
Electrical Fault finding /diagnostic skills
PLC interrogation /fault finding experience
Electrical installation experience
Planned (PPM) and un-planned maintenance experience
Experience of TPM
Flexible approach to working
Skilled in root cause analysis
What's on Offer