You are here
- FTSE 250 Company
- Excellent Career Progression Plan
About Our Client
Berendsen is Europe's leading textile service business, developing and delivering value-added textile, hygiene and safety solutions within Hospitality, Healthcare, Workwear and Facility. They engage and partner with more than 150,000 customers in 16 countries across Europe. They are a FTSE250 company and in the UK they have over 9,000 employees working at 60 sites, making them a major UK employer. The business focuses on innovation and is constantly developing new products and services to better serve the changing needs of its customers and their industries in all sectors of the economy.
- To ensure the Company's disciplines, rules and standards are maintained.
- Ensure the company assets are maintained to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Excellent communication between Production staff and co-workers.
- Undertake remedial engineering works to equipment or site as instructed by the Engineering Manager
- To ensure any risks of safety or failure of equipment or site are communicated to the Manager
All activities are carried out in accordance with the Site Health and Safety instructions and the SSG Health and Safety manual, as well as in accordance with relevant engineering standards
- To report any incidents, accidents and near misses in accordance with Health and Safety Policies
- To ensure that equipment provided for the protection of health and safety is maintained and used appropriately, and in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- To ensure that safe systems of work and best practice procedures are adhered to
- To ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained.
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to develop effective working relationships across all levels of management and staff and work as part of a team.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to make decisions
- Flexible and able to react quickly to the needs of the business
- Problem solving/analytical ability
- Self motivated
- Flexibility to work unsocial hours, possibly including night shift
- Must possess a recognised qualification relevant to the role (e.g. mechanical or electrical C&G)
- Skilled in both Electrical and Mechanical trades
- Preferred knowledge of other engineering disciplines including pneumatics, hydraulics, steam systems
What's on Offer
Circa £29,000 to £29,500 plus benefits