You are here
- Owens Corning are a global manufacturing business of fibreglass products
- Shift Leader position working on a 4 on 6 off pattern
About Our Client
Owens Corning are a global manufacturer employing 14,000 across 25 countries. They have three market leading businesses - Insulation, Roofing and Composites. Their site in Liversedge, near Leeds, employ around 80 people and produce high performing glass fibre and bonded resin.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Safety - Monitor and publish performance, plan and implement improvements to exceed targets such as accidents, incident reporting, near misses and safety job cards. Strive to improve the safety culture on shift.
- Quality - ISO, FAS, Fault detection and SOP compliance & review. Ensure team and plan are striving to meet nominal on manufacturing specification and driving quality improvements.
- Delivery - Ensure optimum use of manpower and paybacks to achieve shift and site targets. Manage and record attendance within operator group, and conduct necessary investigations or disciplinary hearings as required.
- Cost - Managing cost performance is critical to long term sustainability of operations. The Shift Leader is a lead role in educating, raising awareness & developing understanding, and challenging shift performance where there is a negative impact on cost.
The Successful Applicant
You will have worked within a manufacturing environment, ideally FMCG or Chemical, and will have a full understanding of Production Management. An understanding of TPM principles and methodologies would be advantageous. Our client is looking for excellent communicators and strong personalities who have the ability to learn new things and apply themselves effectively. This is an excellent opportunity for a driven individual who has the desire to develop their career.
What's on Offer