You are here
- Shift Manager - 3 shift system
- Tier 1 Automotive Manufacturer
About Our Client
Our client are an established Tier 1 Automotive business who are continuing to expand.
Shift Manager responsibilities include:
- Compliance to HS&E regulations and procedures, to ensure the safety of all site personnel
- Monitor and audit work processes, to maintain quality work to ensure Right First Time and customer satisfaction
- Leadership towards business objectives in line with the business strategy
- To motivate and lead members of team in accordance with customer requirements and processes laid out in company policies and Quality Standards including product standard operating procedures
- Staff training and development, ensuring business processes and procedures are being followed, and maintenance/upkeep of training matrix
- To provide a positive, 'can do' approach to management whilst leading the team by example. To provide supportive management to coach, develop and motivate their team
- To identify and implement lean manufacturing techniques with the use of VSMs, 5S, Visual Management, Kanban Poka-yoke, etc. and work in conjunction with other departments/Shifts
- To manage staff leave and absence to ensure production supervision levels are maintained to meet production KPIs
- To provide clear and concise production performance information in a timely manner as required daily, weekly, monthly.
- Carry out disciplinary action/Investigation as and when required up to and including Final Stage Written warning
- Resource planning, ensure the right people with the right skills are available to manufacture customer demand
- Review and promote the company vision, mission statement and values
- To conduct staff appraisals as per the HR schedule
The Successful Applicant
As a Shift Manager you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience.
- Qualified to HNC/HND in Production or Mechanical Engineering or have equivalent Production experience.
- You will be able to demonstrate a track record gained in a high paced, challenging manufacturing environment such as Automotive
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing processes and quality tools and techniques i.e. VSMs, 5S, Work Place Organisation, PDCA, Visual Management, Kaizens
- Ability to focus on detailed work while sustaining production output
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with demonstrable ability to influence others
- Excellent communication skills coupled with strong analytical and problem solving skills
What's on Offer
Circa £40,000 including shift allowance and benefits.