You are here
About Our Client
Berendsen is Europe's leading textile service business, developing and delivering value-added textile, hygiene and safety solutions within Hospitality, Healthcare, Workwear and Facilities. They engage and partner with more than 150,000 customers in 16 countries across Europe. They are a FTSE250 company and in the UK they have over 9,000 employees working at 60 sites, making them a major UK employer. The business focuses on innovation and is constantly developing new products and services to better serve the changing needs of its customers and their industries in all sectors of the economy.
The role holder must have the ability to demonstrate Berendsen's Vision, Strategy and Values aligned to Determination, Empowerment, Teamwork, Caring, Safety, and Integrity.To lead a Production team in the achievement of functional objectives which support the site business plan ensuring there are appropriately qualified and educated staff for specific tasks and production areas.
- Ensure compliance with safety rules and legislation including correct training for staff on plant and machinery in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Manage the Production operation to produce quality products which meet the customers packing requirements, are produced efficiently and delivered at the agreed time.
- Train, motivate, monitor and coach the production team to ensure Operational Excellence is achieved and Service Excellence is maintained.
- Ensure site inductions and workwear are deployed to staff and visitors
- Empower staff to take personal responsibility for ensuring that all necessary actions are taken in response to requests, ensuring that this is done within agreed timescales.
- Provide supervision and direction to your Production team to ensure Operational Excellence is achieved and maintained.
- Coach, motivate and support staff at all times encouraging team work.
- Contribute to feedback and debriefing sessions to identify common operational issues and identify opportunities to improve policies processes and procedures.
- Co-operate and communicate with own and other departments and colleagues as appropriate.
- Constantly seek out opportunities to improve systems and procedures.
- Ensure the continuous improvement of all functional activities through increasing the effectiveness, efficiency and added value of all functional activities.
- Report statistics on an hourly basis to line manager.
- Immediately report any production issues to the management team which may affect the successful completion of delivery schedules.
- Manage and control all activities in accordance with the production plan.
- Ensure Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) targets are achieved.
- Purchase new Plant equipment in collaboration with Production/Operations Manager
- Ensure optimal number of staff are present on shift
The Successful Applicant
- Practical knowledge of LEAN Six Sigma methodologies
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to develop effective working relationships across all levels of management and staff.
- Leadership and People Management skills; recruitment, induction, PDR process, performance management, absence management etc.
- Highly customer focused
- Attention to detail
- Excellent ability to execute the organisational plan
- Ability to make decisions
- Flexible and able to react quickly to the needs of the customer & Berendsen
- Basic PC literacy
- Ability to deliver quality results under pressure
- Self-motivated Bachelor/masterEducated to degree level and/or alternatively a proven track record from supply industry preferably at Supervisory level or above.
- this is currently a workwear requirement. Not sure if want to keep
- IOSH certificate or equivalent qualification.
- Maths & English GCSE or equivalent.
- Experience of working within a highly focused Production environment.
What's on Offer
£30,000 - £40,000 + Company Benefits