You are here
This position is now filled
Shift Operations Manager
- Full site and operations management.
- Brand New Operations Manager position to market - South Yorkshire
About Our Client
My client are a long established organisation who have been in business for over 50 years. The company design, manufacture and supply bespoke metal products into a range of industries including, Automotive, Materials, General Manufacturing, Textile and Craft.
Based in Scunthorpe as the Site Operations Manager you will work with and for the Managing Director of the business and have full control of Production, Quality, Maintenance and Health & Safety.
This position is a key position to the business and my client are looking for someone stand out who has a good engineering knowledge and the ability to run and improve a manufacturing facility with the ability to take the next future step into directorship.
As a Operations Manager you will:
- Oversee the production process, drawing up a production schedule;
- Ensure that the production is cost effective;
- Decide what resources are required;
- Draft a timescale for the job;
- Estimate costs and set the quality standards;
- Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed;
- Be responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment;
- Monitor product standards and implement quality-control programmes;
- Liaise among different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers;
- Work with managers to implement the company's policies and goals;
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed;
- Supervise and motivate a team of workers (20);
- Review worker performance;
- Identify training needs.
- A large part of the job is dealing with people management.
The Successful Applicant
As the Shift Operations Manager you will have the following:
- A degree, HND or Btec within the following subjects; business/management; Engineering; materials science/technology; mechanical engineering; physics; process engineering; transport/distribution/logistics.
- A proven Operations Manager track record.
- Ability to drive business improvements.
- 5 + years management experience.
What's on Offer
Please apply for more information - This is a days position.