You are here
Site Controls Engineer
- Newly created role for a market leading manufacturing company
- Rapidly growing business with further expansion plans in place.
About Our Client
The business is focused on establishing leading market positions by providing innovative construction systems and solutions with a global reach. This site is the largest division of the Group, contributing approximately 40% of Group turnover. With over 1000 people on site and a strong Engineering team this is a great opportunity for anyone looking to further their career.
- To carry out specific engineering tasks delegated by the Divisional Automation Manager or Site Maintenance Manager as appropriate
- Ensure all engineering work is in line with engineering and safety standards
- Be proactive and recommend business value added improvement initiatives
- To work closely with Production, Quality, Safety and other Controls team members to ensure that plant priorities are met and operation utilisation and availability targets are achieved.
- Attend operations meetings on behalf of the Controls department and take a pro-active approach from an engineering perspective
- Willingness to attend training to develop relevant self-knowledge and technical skills
- To support the local sites manufacturing process by being proactive on the correction and modification of reoccurring machine processing faults
- Provide software/electrical engineering discipline input into project/design teams executing specific projects on site
The Successful Applicant
- Significant and demonstrated experience in electrical and software engineering, degree/HND qualified or equivalent with at least 5 years' experience in a similar industrial environment.
- Working knowledge of PLC's with certified training or demonstrated experience - ideally Siemens S7 300/400 and/or Allen Bradley with extensive programming and diagnosis experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of motion control systems deployed in a manufacturing environment with certified training or demonstrated experience - Ideally Siemens Simotion/Sinamics drives or similar motion systems
- Working knowledge of SCADA and Line reporting systems with certified training or demonstrated experience - ideally Rockwell FactoryTalk and/or Siemens WINCC suites
- Experience installing, fault finding on and configuring automation networks such as Industrial Ethernet, Profibus, Profinet etc.
- Experience fault finding of electrical control systems, including CNC controlled steel profiling and cutting machines
- Ability to perform technical electrical calculations and provide accurate schedules, reports, specifications and other information for review/approval by engineering staff
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills with a can do attitude and the ability to work autonomously an absolute must.
- A recognised Health and Safety and/or machinery safety qualification would be advantageous
- A flexible and pro-active approach with the ability to use judgement and make decisions in ambiguous and complex situations
- Exceptional engineering fault finding and diagnostic skills
What's on Offer
Very Competitive Salary