You are here
Site Controls Engineer
Newly created role for a market leading manufacturing company
Rapidly growing business with further expansion plans in place.
About Our Client
The business is focused on establishing leading market positions by providing innovative construction systems and solutions with a global reach. This site is the largest division of the Group, contributing approximately 40% of Group turnover. With over 1000 people on site and a strong Engineering team this is a great opportunity for anyone looking to further their career.
- To carry out specific engineering tasks delegated by the Divisional Automation Manager or Site Maintenance Manager as appropriate
- Ensure all engineering work is in line with engineering and safety standards
- Be proactive and recommend business value added improvement initiatives
- To work closely with Production, Quality, Safety and other Controls team members to ensure that plant priorities are met and operation utilisation and availability targets are achieved.
- Attend operations meetings on behalf of the Controls department and take a pro-active approach from an engineering perspective
- Willingness to attend training to develop relevant self-knowledge and technical skills
- To support the local sites manufacturing process by being proactive on the correction and modification of reoccurring machine processing faults
- Provide software/electrical engineering discipline input into project/design teams executing specific projects on site
The Successful Applicant
- Significant and demonstrated experience in electrical and software engineering, degree/HND qualified or equivalent with at least 5 years' experience in a similar industrial environment.
- Working knowledge of PLC's with certified training or demonstrated experience - ideally Siemens S7 300/400 and/or Allen Bradley with extensive programming and diagnosis experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of motion control systems deployed in a manufacturing environment with certified training or demonstrated experience - Ideally Siemens Simotion/Sinamics drives or similar motion systems
- Working knowledge of SCADA and Line reporting systems with certified training or demonstrated experience - ideally Rockwell FactoryTalk and/or Siemens WINCC suites
- Experience installing, fault finding on and configuring automation networks such as Industrial Ethernet, Profibus, Profinet etc.
- Experience fault finding of electrical control systems, including CNC controlled steel profiling and cutting machines
- Ability to perform technical electrical calculations and provide accurate schedules, reports, specifications and other information for review/approval by engineering staff
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills with a can do attitude and the ability to work autonomously an absolute must.
- A recognised Health and Safety and/or machinery safety qualification would be advantageous
- A flexible and pro-active approach with the ability to use judgement and make decisions in ambiguous and complex situations
- Exceptional engineering fault finding and diagnostic skills
What's on Offer
Very Competitive Salary