You are here
- Multinational Materials Company
- Based in Bristol
About Our Client
They produce aggregates (crushed rock, sand and gravel), ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, cement and cement related materials. They are part of a wider multinational group, which has leading global positions in aggregates, cement and concrete.
The UK operations are split into four business lines - aggregates, concrete, asphalt and contracting and cement - which together operate around 300 manufacturing sites and employ over 3,000 people.
The Site Manager will be responsible for the below among other duties:
- Ensuring that the quality of work carried out under his/her supervision meets the required standards of workmanship and that all relevant Health, safety, welfare, environmental and waste management policies and statutory regulations are complied with at all times.
- Ensuring that all documentation, i.e., statutory inspection sheets, inspection check sheets, materials received, external plant, internal plant, labour, allocation and day work sheets are completed and where relevant submitted to head office on a routine basis. Obtaining similar information as appropriate from subcontractors.
- Liaising with operational colleagues, suppliers and subcontractors to ensure adequate planning, programming and resource allocation on each site to allow the work to be carried out safely, to the client's programme and to be completed on time.
- To ensure a 'Right First Time Every Time' approach is adopted to deliver a defect free scheme upon completion of the contract.
- To work closely with the client to forge a good working relationship that can lead to repeat work and allow Hanson to become the preferred supplier.
The Successful Applicant
The Site Manager will be required:
- Hold a CSCS Site Supervisors card.
- Be experienced in managing multi-disciplined sites to ensure that optimum outputs are achieved to the required standard.
- Be experienced in planning and programming to ensure the correct material, plant and resources are allocated to the Contract to ensure it is delivered on time and to budget.
- Be an effective communicator with both internal and external stakeholders
The role holder is expected:
- to comply with all aspects of the Compliance Policy
- to ensure that all the business/operations are performed in accordance with instructions and procedures and in such a way so as to prevent any fraudulent activities taking place
- to comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to observe the requirements of the Company Safety Policy and other relevant legislation
- to update all areas of knowledge as required to carry out the job with maximum effectiveness and to attend training/development courses as and when required
- to comply will all aspects of the HR Policies and Procedures of the Company
- Suitably trained and experienced in the management of Health and safety with a minimum qualification of IOSH Managing Safely / CITB Site Managers Safety Training (5 Day).
- NVQ level 4 construction site management (or similar qualification)
What's on Offer