You are here
This position is now filled
Site Quality Manager
- Reports to Site Leader, dotted line to Head of Quality
- Technical Managers at all customers, Auditors, Suppliers, Regulatory bodies
About Our Client
Leading FMCG Manufacturer
- Accountable for the site HACCP ensuring that it is accurate and alive within the site ensuring that it is reviewed annually to the required standards. Collaborate closely with NPD, packaging teams and Operations to ensure any new products, materials or equipment pass the required HACCP criteria before introduction to the site.
- To define, and champion, the Quality Improvement Programme for current and next year, incl:
- Embed the Quality culture across the site through strong coaching & senior stakeholder alignment
- Implementation of Cott business systems into the site ensuring compliance to standards and fully operational
- Manage technical resources and budget across the site
- Consistently provide high quality service to clients both internally and externally
- Ensure the team delivers timely responses to any customer request: 100% within 4 hrs for critical alerts; 100% within 24 hours for other responses; execution of corrective actions and ongoing compliance with customers' policies/standards
- Lead customer and 3rd party audits and visits and liaise with suppliers on Quality issues and drive to true root cause
- Management of all Quality Systems at a site level and maintenance of current accreditation status - - A grade or better at BRC - Green or better Customer Audits - Labcred and no critical defects on any audit including ISO
- Review KPI's to ensure continuous improvement is applied across all areas - provision of data to Customer Technical Manager for customer kpi reports according to timetable
- To accurately evaluate the extent to which increased awareness of quality may contribute to achieving the organisation's Strategic Pillars, by seizing opportunities to promote awareness of quality though policy and process.
- Participate actively in daily manufacturing review meetings to raise issues & drive the quality ethic.
- Own and drive the site complaint reduction program through cross functional collaboration and implement corrective actions to reduce/eliminate issues
- Administer and advise on procedural, process and policy changes and their implementation ensuring training, tools and techniques are delivered to enable others to achieve quality standards.
The Successful Applicant
- Proven track record of being key member within a site cross functional leadership team with excellent stakeholder engagement, influencing and relationship management
- Sound knowledge, and proven track record of managing Quality Assurance processes
- Understanding and awareness of ISO 9001/2000 standards, LabCred and the competence to manage effectively and build improvements
- An effective understanding of Manufacturing technology and process and the quality risks associated with an FMCG company.
- Ability to provide an education and training resource for all operators in key quality tasks
- Ability to analyse, interpret and understand trends in data and how these may affect the business, provide recommendations and drive solutions through the quality team using appropriate tools e.g. RCA.
- Ability to understand the principles and processes of effective communication/presentation and when/how to apply them in all aspects of the role. Understands how to give feedback in a way which enhances confidence and commitment.
What's on Offer
10% Bonus, Car Allowance, Contributory Pension Plan, Staff shop vouchers, 25 holidays plus statutory holidays.