You are here
Solution Design Engineer
- Solution Design Engineer - translating high level design into project delivery
- Requires knowledge of; Azure, Office 365, PowerShell scripting, and automation
About Our Client
A FTSE 250 Global Consultancy organisation - it's IT team being based in London's West End.
As the Solution Design Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Being the technical lead on small and large scale projects
- Breaking down large scale projects into manageable chunks
- Working out which IT products to use based on cost benefit analysis and research
- Agreeing plans with both project mangers, operational IT teams and architects to deliver projects.
- Explaining to designers and developers what's required and overseeing the progress
- Producing technical documents that outline technical delivery models and methods.
- Advising on managing future IT needs
The Successful Applicant
A Solution Design Engineer, you will have come from a technical background, but have a proven track-record of delivering projects centred around Azure solution delivery and deployment of Office 365.
Technically you will have:
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Infrastructure including Azure, Office 365, AD, Citrix, OS, Web based applications and cloud based technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of scripting especially in PowerShell and automation - MUST HAVE
- Proven track record in delivery and technical documentation
- Experience working for a service provider
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to build from good relationships with clients/operational managers and colleagues
- Ability to gather and assimilate information
- Good knowledge of quality standards, legislation and best practice
What's on Offer
The role will offered on a rolling 3 month basis, with the initial period to be at least 6 month in duration. A contract position, the role offers a day-rate of up to £500 per day, dependant upon knowledge and experience.