You are here
- A leading global logistics company based in central London
- Require a Solutions Architect to deliver Duck Creek end to end
About Our Client
-Utilities experience highly beneficial.
-International delivery experience would be advantageous in a blue chip consulting or systems integration firm working across the full project/service life cycle with teams across distributed geographical boundaries, particularly including third party resources based offshore in India
-Thought leadership drawing on a broad range of skills and experience; creating innovative insights, adapting methods and practices to fit team and cultural needs. Experience of taking a big picture strategic view as well as being able to work at a detailed level across a broad range of technologies and approaches
- Track record for leading solution architecture designs that have led to long term value for the organisation based on a strong understanding of business drivers and IT cost base.
-Stakeholder management and influencing skills in complex environments covering colleagues, third party vendors and project sponsors.
-Third party vendor management in understanding and aligning motivation, commercial drivers and architecture approaches across projects and programmes in the portfolio.
- Experience of legacy estate rationalisation
-Have used architecture tools such as System Architect, Rational Rose, or equivalent.
- Design, influence and adherence to architecture governance frameworks across the portfolio business domain and wider organisation frameworks.
The position requires a holistic view across Business domains and IS functions focusing on driving efficiency's and value across the end-to-end IT service life cycle (Plan->Build->Run) whilst ensuring trace-ability, maximising re-use and linkage back to Business change priorities and value enablers.
The role builds long term relationships with senior managers in the portfolio they operate and within the IT and third party supplier community, has personal credibility and influence to make significant architecture decisions impacting their portfolio, understands the underpinning architecture and operating cost base for the portfolios they work in, has awareness of the wider utility and IT industry trends impacting the portfolio, and continually develops themselves and the architecture team they lead.
The Successful Applicant
- Directly provides architecture leadership for projects and programme in the range 100k up to £50m depending on portfolio projects and programmes in the portfolio with minimal spend spending c.£5 million
- Directly provides coaching and direction to solution architects working in capability area from 5 - 25 including specialist resources sourced from internal, contractor or third party resources such as , Data & Insights, Comprehensive Integration Services data architecture, and user experience experts depending on the projects and programmes in the portfolio. These specialist roles typically equate for band D/C level roles.
- Has strong influence of the portfolio Infrastructure and licensing budget in the range £3m
- Understanding of the cost and value drives of IS and business and developing business cases
- Applying consultancy approaches and techniques
- Applying tools and techniques from idea to user acceptance testing
- One or more of the following architectural domains: Business, Application, Data, Technology
- Development and deployment of best practice use cases; knowledge repository creation and management; champion of reuse
- General technical experience is required e.g. Unix, Oracle, Web developments, E-Commerce etc.
- Estimation methodologies and processes, ability to estimate project work and project delivery
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture, cloud computing services and systems integration
- Software development life cycle, familiar with different approaches to development (Agile, Waterfall, RAD etc.)
- Knowledge of Integration Architectures, Data Architecture, Overall Solution Architecture and Process/Business Architecture
- Excellent team leadership skills, ideally with experience of working in global teams with matrix reporting
What's on Offer
A day rate up to £550 per day to the successful candidate