You are here
Solutions Design Manager - Transport
- 3PL Solutions for Global Business
- Transport and Network Solutions
About Our Client
Leading 3PL Provider based in Coventry.
The roles remit covers off the identification of opportunities, the development of project documentation, the establishment of synthesised SMV's for new processes, process flow mapping, leading design & development of workshops, availability/reliability modelling through to identifying bottlenecks and establishing solutions, performance improvement and trouble shooting of operational assets or processes.
- Working with key business areas to understand current operational issues and future business needs.
- Analysis of current operational processes with the aim of identifying opportunities to enhance business operations.
- Produce, interpret and draw conclusions from business data to establish strategic direction.
- Production of 'To Be' processes which align to the future needs of the business e.g. supporting new initiatives, reducing costs, increasing throughput capabilities, reducing waste etc.
- Gain stakeholder buy in for 'To Be' processes
- Production of cost / benefits for future processes & projects
- Embedding of new processes into the operation and monitoring of conformance.
- Trouble shooting issues (BAU and project related)
- Optimising network performance through the delivery and on-going management of systems.
The Successful Applicant
- Proven track record of identifying issues or opportunities, developing transport solutions and implementing change meeting scope, time and budget.
- Detailed working knowledge of UK Transport and Distribution processes both Physical and Systemic.
- Exposure to automated equipment and systems.
- A detailed understanding of PARAGON and other planning tools
- Experience of working with IT solution providers and business analysts developing user facing software solutions from concept through to implementation.
- Application of Industrial Engineering techniques or other Process Improvement methodologies.
- Exposure to simulation software & techniques.
- Knowledge of relevant Transport Legislation - Health and Safety, Employment Law etc.
- Highly performance management focused
- Excellent communicator
- Relevant professional qualifications, e.g IMS Certificate Industrial, NVQ's, IOSH, CILT
- Proven track record of delivering change on time and budget without impacting the key project deliverables.
What's on Offer
£40,000 - £45,000 + benefits.