You are here
Solutions Design / Projects / Optimisation Manager
Leading 3PL Provider - Leicestershire
Must Have Solutions Design / Projects / Optimisation Experience
About Our Client
A leading Leicestershire based client are recruiting for a Solutions Design / Projects / Optimisation Manager to join their ever expanding team.
Working within the Solution design team based in Leicestershire you will;
- Support he business development teams in the pursuit of new business and supporting current operations with re-engineering and continuous improvement projects
- Devising logistics solutions and supply chain re-design for customers as part of business development and contract renewal projects
- Costing solutions & working with operations to ensure delivery of solutions to the customer, according to the solution budgets
- Support General Manager in identification and development of new solution sets
- Represent the Solution Design Team at customer meetings
- Lead supply chain mapping workshops with potential clients With specific lead responsibility for the design, delivery and continuous improvement of supply chain solutions on a UK, European & Global basis.
- Ensure all solutions are highly competitive in order to maximise conversion rates, whilst at the same time ensuring these are deliverable to achieve anticipated profitability
- Manage customer relationships accordingly
- Present logistics solutions to customers
- Be commutable to Leicestershire
The Successful Applicant
The successful Solutions Design / Projects / Optimisation Manager will have:
- A proven track record within Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain
- The ability to take a RFQ through the full solutions design cycle
- A good degree of computer literacy, with knowledge of CAD, Class, Cast, Paragon, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Managers will typically specialise in Warehousing or transportation modelling tools.
- Capable of facilitating supply chain mapping exercises with customer's Ability to demonstrate analytical and logical thinking; data manipulation skills are essential to this role
- Good written and spoken English is essential and other European languages desirable
- Technical aptitude - this role requires the use of a variety of supporting software tools
- Able to assess existing operations (own / customer) and identify areas for improvement
- Ability to think conceptually and translate ideas to "real world"
- Good communication skills; good listener and effective in communicating ideas.
- Frequently required to present to customer's senior management teams.
- People management skills, including objective setting, resource allocation and performance review Logistics / operational experience with ideally a varied experience in a logistics solutions design role
- Able to demonstrate successfully implemented solutions Proven track record in managing solution design projects Awareness of relevant industry legislation Commercial awareness and understanding
What's on Offer
The position will offer a very competitive salary which includes:
Salary - £48,000 to £60,000 (dependant on experience)
+ Car, Bonus, HC, Plus benefits