You are here
- Worksop / Sheffield
About Our Client
Our client, based in Sheffield, is a medium sized manufacturing organisation who are part of a larger group of companies. With plans to grow into new markets over the next few years they are looking to strengthen their team with a Sourcing Lead.
Some of the responsibilities for this Sourcing Lead will be:
- To provide accurate and competitive material lead time data for the quotation and contract review processes
- To appraise vendor performance through a supplier scorecard process and to drive improvement through on-site visits, audits and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Improve supplier delivery and quality performance from key suppliers.
- To implement continuous improvement initiatives such as lineside VMI, single point of source, Kanban etc.
- To collaborate with other departments, such as engineering and quality, to identify or qualify new suppliers.
- To rationalise and shorten material supply chains through appropriate techniques.
The Successful Applicant
Ideally the successful candidate for this role of Sourcing Lead will have:
- Formal qualifications within Procurement (CIPS) - (desirable)
- The ability to demonstrate knowledge and achievements around the responsibilities mentioned
- Some exposure to managing people
- The ability to conduct domestic travel to meet with suppliers
- Previous exposure to supplying into aerospace (desirable).
What's on Offer
£35000 - £43000 + benefits