You are here
- Are you an existing Space Planner looking for a role in Berkshire?
- Are you a strong communicator and see yourself as a brand ambassador?
About Our Client
Based in Berkshire, my client is a leading player in its field. Due to continued success and on-going growth of their store portfolio, they are looking to introduce a Space Planner to HQ.
The Space Planner will be working with a variety of stakeholders from the Advisers in-store to the Head of Retail. You will represent our 4,500 store colleagues and ensure their voice is heard within HQ and that their opinions are taken into account when decisions are made that impact the channel.
You will be the specialist for in-store execution and planograms to maximise performance across the stores, and delivery of manufacturer sponsored space projects. You will support a major project of the segmentation of the business based on demographic data, customer insight and maximise commercial performance across the business.
As the Space Planner your main responsibilities will include:
Impact on the business
- Review in-store opportunities to drive Direct Market Share as part of the Consumer strategy through in-store execution
- Ensure planograms for specific store formats are completed for implementation across the stores
- Own the Live Device content process for displaying demo content on our live devices in the stores
Customers, supplier and third parties
- The role is key to maximising our commercial return of sponsored space in our stores and managing our relationships with external agencies and other areas of the business to deliver significant investment in the business
Leadership and teamwork
- Be point of expertise for retail performance implementation for planograms.
- Work cross functionally with Trading, Commercial, Marketing, GTM & Terminals to deliver projects to optimise store performance
- Work with all team functions to support plans and performance in the stores
- Represent the team when agreeing approach to in channel implementation of product & proposition launches
- Work closely with Divisional, Regional & Store Managers to plan implementation of projects
Innovation and change
- Continually review the way we use retail store micro space and identify opportunities to improve the execution for our customers, manufacturers and store teams
- Continually review and suggest refinements for our product performance reporting and insight to ensure we maximise product location performance
- Work with the teams to ensure performance elements are built into weekly communications
- Prepares plan overview of activities and recovery plans to engage senior stakeholders
- Communications to be accurate & timely and focus on outputs
- Ensure work stream activity is on plan and update team through weekly overview document.
The Successful Applicant
As a Space Planner your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Extensive customer facing or indirect partner channel experience
- Strong influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Planning & organisational skills
- Good working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Access & Excel
- Ability to understand and simplify technical jargon
- Experience of working cross-functionally
Knowledge and experience
- Advanced level Excel skills essential to role
- Knowledge of Access preferred
- Must possess the ability to interpret data and use to create action-orientated objectives
- Ability to use Customer and Market insight to understand links to space performance
- Have a good eye for detail and experience of store merchandising
What's on Offer
A competitive salary and package is on offer for this role.