You are here
Specialist Assurance CASS Manager
- Top 10 accountancy firm
About Our Client
London office of a top 10 firm.
The London office of this top 10 firm is looking to hire a Specialist Assurance Manager to lead assurance reviews in the area of client assets and support the Head of CASS in developing business and policy. Support is also be needed in expanding the breadth of assurance reviews beyond client assets.
Work includes statutory CASS audit, compliance monitoring, internal audit, s166.
The role requires:
- Leading assurance reviews from planning to completion
- Maintaining the firm's licensing and training policy
- Practical development of the approach to assurance and updating assurance manual
- Development and delivery of CASS training
- Quality assurance 'hot review'
- Preparation of strategic and marketing plans
- Research of targets and identifying relationships for business development
- Preparation of proposals and pitches
- Maintenance of the CASS Helpdesk
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified accountant
- Strong track record of experience in managing assurance reviews in the field of CASS
- Genuine expertise in CASS and enthusiasm for the subject matter
- Demonstrable ability to maintain client relationships at the same time as delivering 'bad news'
- Skilled in expressing reasoned technical judgements verbally and in writing
- Confident to challenge colleagues and clients and 'stand ground' until evidence or technically correct reasoning is forthcoming
- Able to motivate and coach team members new to the compliance and insolvency mind-set
- Strong understanding of the approach to quality in a public practice setting
The following are an advantage, but not essential
- Experience of IT platforms and their synchronisation and interaction with CASS compliance
- Experience of business development
- Experience of assurance outside CASS
What's on Offer
Up to £60,000